Notices

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
Unfortunately there is so much activity in the main thread it's virtually impossible to search there.

It seems WhatsApp have changed their login protocol again. Don't try and fix anything on your side, rather wait patiently for the problem to be fixed.
I got lost on what to do with this
Login failed: either your account expired or you need to erase your account from account manager and re-register
issue.

Is this the file you suggested to be downloaded and installed?
wazapp_0.2.6-0harmattan4_armel.deb
jessicagiordano mentioned having success with it.

Originally Posted by mac_kissack View Post
Is this the file you suggested to be downloaded and installed?
wazapp_0.2.6-0harmattan4_armel.deb
jessicagiordano mentioned having success with it.
That was the file, but WhatsApp changed their protocol again.
The file is now wazapp_0.2.6-0harmattan5_armel.deb, but take note that this version does not contain all the features of 0.2.6.50.

Hi,
Deleted all wazapp related from my N9 and installed the new build discussed in this thread. Now my Wazapp connects, but it cannot sync contacts. Is this possibly an issue related to the version 2.6.0 or has the contact refreshing protocol etc changed also with the login protocol change ? Does anyone have any advice how to be able to sync the contacts?

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I think the Whatsapp devs will be having a good laugh reading the Wazapp- related threads here...

Originally Posted by Jeipii View Post
Hi,
Deleted all wazapp related from my N9 and installed the new build discussed in this thread. Now my Wazapp connects, but it cannot sync contacts. Is this possibly an issue related to the version 2.6.0 or has the contact refreshing protocol etc changed also with the login protocol change ? Does anyone have any advice how to be able to sync the contacts?
Okay, got the problem solved but it wasn't easy and required installing the original 2.6.0 version of Wazapp which was able to sync contacts. Then I copied the *.db file from home/user/.wazapp folder.

Then installed the Cepi Perez made 2.6.5 version of Wazapp and copied the previously mentioned *.db file back to Home/user/.wazapp.

Then opened and closed Wazapp which was able to see the contacts now. I also renamed the home/user/my documents/wazapp folder to ".../wazapp.."

Then I installed (without uninstalling the previous version) the repaired 2.6.0 version of Wazapp. And suddenly I was able to sync the contacts succesfully. Also the home/user/wazapp folder was there again and the one that I renamed wasn't. Don't actually know what happened here.. Glad that the Wazapp now works. Even though it's not the version with most options

Tags
bug wazapp, connecting, nokia n9, nokian9, spoonfeed me, wazapp