d'oh!!

Yeah, not the best speed...BUT, better then no speed? And my test was over EVDO mobile broadband not DSL. Which makes it even better.

You should try http://www.speedtest.net for S&G's...the leetle pyramids download sooooooo s----l---o---w---l---y it's comical. But that is more due to the CPU limitations then the connection as my speed test shows. It works the same even over my DSL. So the rate limiting step is the hardware not the connection.

It would be interesting to see what other folks are getting using their NIT over what sort of connection. I am willing to bet it is gonna max out around 800kpbs/500kbps. At least when there is something else sucking up clock cycles like freaking Flash graphics overhead.

Man I remember when Flash was cool, new and small footprint. Not anymore. I still have a copy of 3.0 around here somewhere.

BTW, I solved the issue of one handed operation today. I am going to just use landscape mode in FBReader. I can then open the kickstand and slide my hand under to...that way it works to help me support the NIT and allow me one handed operation.

And landscape mode is MUCH nicer on this system. I am just amazed at the level of control FBReader provides.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
brecklundin: Gluten free beer!? That's CDN$18 for a six pack. I would've saved the money from the tablet/accessories and spent it on beer. Then again I've got a stereotypical Canadian liver.

Antilles: I just can't bring myself to run KDE. I've tried over several distros over the years and no matter how much I customize it or change the colours around, I still get left with the original feeling I had when I saw it as default... it feels like my WM is a feminine hygeine product.

(Maybe I should run KDE on a MAC for the full effect.)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Antilles: I just can't bring myself to run KDE. I've tried over several distros over the years and no matter how much I customize it or change the colours around, I still get left with the original feeling I had when I saw it as default... it feels like my WM is a feminine hygeine product.
I don't run KDE either. My point was simply to point out that myk was both ill-informed and rude.