Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Nebraska
Sharing movies on P2P iis a good way to get sued. I would not recommend sharing on P2P.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by sindown View Post
out of all the people who have done these rips and converts, has anyone uploaded them anywhere? maybe bittorrent or something. if i start ripping, i might plop some up....
erm, that's copyright violation (contrary to the press it's not theft, but it is still a criminal act). fair use implies it's ethical to allow people to rip media they *bought* for playback on alternative devices, *but* the RIAA/MPAA deny this is legal but aren't actively persuing people for it *yet*.

Find and support the EFF if you want to get political, but please keep this site free of criminal intent and concentrate on the technical issues.

Exactly what do you choose on the DVD Shrink thing to get the files in the right format.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by eslo View Post
Exactly what do you choose on the DVD Shrink thing to get the files in the right format.
Click on the first of the links for Newbies in my signature. Enter:

"dvd shrink" OR dvdshrink settings

You'll be able to educate yourself well.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Their is a new version of Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/) working in Linux, Windows and OSX. I tested it for file convertion with good resulls. It also supports DVD convertion, not tested yet.
Here is a profile you can use (save into handbrake/user_presets.xml):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ArrayOfPreset xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Preset>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Name>N800</Name>
    <Query> -f avi -X 400 -Y 240 -e xvid -b 700 -E lame -B 128 -R 44.1 -6 stereo -v</Query>
  </Preset>
</ArrayOfPreset>
This tool allows to use source frame rate and do proper resize of video (no stretching).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rheve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Modred189 View Post
Ok, so after a few days of perusing the internet and this forum, and a little fiddling around of my own, here is a 10-step guide to getting a DVD onto your N800.
Just wanted to post a thank you as I used your suggestions to convert a training DVD (that I desperately needed to be portable) for use on my N810.

Kudos and keep up the good work, great site this one is!