Active Topics

If like me you have longed for a better way of launching flashlight that does not involve opening shutter, closing cam, opening status menu then clicking widget thing. You can actually launch it from CL if you edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/flashlight-applet-launcher.desktop and remove the line

'NoDisplay=true'

Voila, you can now add flashlight to CL.

True story dat.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
vi_,
how about this:
1. install Camera Lens Launcher from repos.
2. upon installation, go to Settings and change the first box to: "Show application pop-up window"
3. in the third box, add Flashlight and all other camera-related apps that you like.
Next time you slide that camera cover, a selection of apps will pop-up instead of the camera.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-12-07 at 19:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Thanked both posts: vi_, your post is no doubt useful knowledge-wise, but apps already exist in the repos that let you configure what gets launched when you open the cam shutter, or have it bring up a menu of choices.

derp.

Flashlight-applet-launcher does not appear as a selectable program through Hildon menu OR CL launcher settings until you tell it to not 'no_display'.

This simply makes it show up as a program in applications list. This allows you to add it to CL launchers list of programs. Before this alteration it would not appear and you could not add it.

Ya follow?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
what i said works on my n900, dunno why that's not the case in yours. plus i thought CL=command line. haha
anyway, for my case, no extra editing was necessary.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
derp.

Flashlight-applet-launcher does not appear as a selectable program through Hildon menu OR CL launcher settings until you tell it to not 'no_display'.

This simply makes it show up as a program in applications list. This allows you to add it to CL launchers list of programs. Before this alteration it would not appear and you could not add it.

Ya follow?
I could always add flashlight in camera lens launcher, even with 'NoDisplay=true' in the .desktop file.