Active Topics

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by philh View Post
"windows phone as its primary smartphone strategy" ???

Looks like the n900 is my last nokia.

Was good while it lasted, have a good life.
"lol NOOBE n900 not smortfone it mobale camputer"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourdain For This Useful Post:
How Nokia will eradicate Symbian & MeeGo...

Also, if you think Meego is going to ever be supported, note that Alberto Torres left Nokia today:

From http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/2011...utive-changes/

In addition to announcing its tie-up with Microsoft, Nokia announced a revamping of its executive leadership–a shift that will have MeeGo EVP Alberto Torres exiting the company.
Things are looking up! /sarcasm

The Following User Says Thank You to jmangs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I was only playing with a WP7 phone yesterday, and apart from the obvious shortfalls like no copy/paste etc, I really really disliked the interface, and on that basis I'm out
What, specifically, about the interface did you dislike?

You know, this makes me remember what happened to Danger. How Microsoft bought a company and essentially destroyed it, for nothing (the KIN phones where in the market for what, 6 weeks?).

Seriously, what was wrong with speeding up MeeGo, positioning it at the top of the OVI Ecosystem (second biggest App store) and strike a deal with MS to support enterprise services?

Shame on you, Elop.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
What, specifically, about the interface did you dislike?
the squares are ugly! Enough? i have a lot more to say

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
How does MeeGo from Intel's side of things fit into all this?

What strikes me is that this 'remedy' is going to take a year or two to bear fruit, so says Elop today. So how the **** is that the best option? If they're happy to take that much time, they could work on MeeGo quietly ironing out all the issues and unleash it on the world in the next 12 months - unrivalled hardware, exciting new software with its promised capabilities of being an all round entertainment centre across a variety of devices and not just phones. Nokia would win back some marketshare, install some trust into consumers and analysts and get themselves known on the smartphone market again, retain their identity too.

Instead they're taking the same length of time to lose their identity, stop support for Symbian and MeeGo so no one will consider buying any of their devices in the short term, and become a hardware manufacturer.

WTF is Elop thinking with this?
The remedy is worst than the illness. Couldn't have said it better. Intel will probably go Android.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Judging by the amount of comments so far i reckon this is the biggest news since the N900 was released and now the utter shock has sank i wonder what this will mean for the N900?.

Anyone any idea's?.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Judging by the amount of comments so far i reckon this is the biggest news since the N900 was released and now the utter shock has sank i wonder what this will mean for the N900?.

Anyone any idea's?.
It might mean to buy up as many as you can because it'll be known as the last worthwhile device from Nokia.
Or it might slip into obscurity.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
LMAO! Just.... LMAO!

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org