Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I'd also like to know how to get to them. I see one picture with a bar with four dots under it, suggesting that there might be three more. But no visible way to get to them.

Attachment 40283
Using the standard (deprecated, unsafe, normally for lot of site useless, ...) browser ln Jolla and just swipe the picture to the left reveals two more!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I got caught with the WAP/GSM to GPRS change. On one phone I was able to use inclusive minutes as internet access (8.5hrs IIRC) but after changing phones I got hit by a large bill. I had checked data rules when buying and they confirmed it was the same, inclusive minutes allowed. Unfortunately that didn't apply to my new phone with GPRS enabled I found out after confronting them in store. Phone ended up with GPRS disabled and after taking them to the regulator I got money back.

I always wanted a Zaurus but at the time I couldn't afford one. In some ways the GPD Win/Pocket etc fill that segment except for the lack of preinstalled Linux.

EEE 1000, still my only regularly used laptop, was my first opportunity at portable Linux from factory, having used it on and off since Mandrake 9.2 got released. Unfortunately the experience was let down by the software. I remember bypassing ASUS and going straight to someone at Xandros to diagnose an issue with the updates. They were meta packages to pull in updated components, like we have on N900, but if installed in wrong order would removed others from the list as they were dependant on the older update. As an example after updating one meta package for base image it would no longer let you install the printer upgrade meaning your stuck with outdated software. Can't remember if cli was able to fix but I know I had to remove update history to force installation. I fixed it with a dual boot with Fedora on SD card before eventually using clonezilla on original partitions and formatting it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I just swipe the photo away left and it shows a new one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I’ve got a 9300 prototype, probably take 12000 for it 😂😂

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Using the standard (deprecated, unsafe, normally for lot of site useless, ...) browser ln Jolla and just swipe the picture to the left reveals two more!
Removing the 'm.' from the URL seems to do the trick as well, in fact it reveals not two but three additional photos!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Here they are
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Removing the 'm.' from the URL seems to do the trick as well, in fact it reveals not two but three additional photos!
that fourth photo must have been added in between our posts. As I am sure there were only three overall this morning.
I can see now four photos in mobile as well as desktop view

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Here they are
That is called 'cheating'. Or 'spoiling'!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Thinking back, I think I saw the early Communicator at Borcon '96 in (I think) Anaheim. The Nokia people were a little cagey about showing it -- even though they seemed to have a prototype with them -- but I guess that's because it was almost a month before it was officially launched.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Removing the 'm.' from the URL [...]
That indeed was the trick. I was accessing in from a big computer where I (obviously) could not "swipe".

Silly me, not noticing the humble 'm'

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: