Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
I suppose what we really need is the ExFAT drivers or whatever.

Strange...on the box it says transfer rates "upto" 200mb a second ?!?!

How the **** did they get that result?!

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

exFAT won't help - it's crappy filesystem, compared to our ext's. And about 200 mb p/s:

If it is some chinese fake card, the answer is obvious. Otherwise, photo, or it didn't happened

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
exFAT won't help - it's crappy filesystem, compared to our ext's. And about 200 mb p/s:

If it is some chinese fake card, the answer is obvious. Otherwise, photo, or it didn't happened

/Estel
Don't be a ******....where in my post do I suggest I believe it, or that I had that result?? Lol

Also its genuine SanDisk. Why do you think it's fake?!

I refered to Your post about it being written in the case, not insisted that You believe it.

Yet, I don't believe, that any self-respecting manufacturer write something like that in (micro)SD card box, that's why I'm asking for photo. Either You've misunderstood something, or it'*s totally fake (SanDisk is notoriously faked).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I refered to Your post about it being written in the case, not insisted that You believe it.

Yet, I don't believe, that any self-respecting manufacturer write something like that in (micro)SD card box, that's why I'm asking for photo. Either You've misunderstood something, or it'*s totally fake (SanDisk is notoriously faked).

/Estel
You can look at box yourself via power of Google. Just search SanDisk micro sdxc 64gb ultra mobile.

I know its genuine ok.

See that shiny part stating "15 mb/s"? Now, look at this:

200x != 200 MB/s. It's referring to old CD/DVD speed marking.

Honestly, You could check it 234324 times Yourself, instead of calling me *******. Just laziness, or You need new glasses?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
It is important because while it may have a 'mediocre at best' sequential copy speed, it may have a totally badass 4k random block read write speed.
Agree completely, when using the SD card for recording photos or videos on a camera, a linear steam of writes, the class speed is helpful. When using it as a filesystem or swap space, like in a smartphone, tablet or netbook, random I/O speed is the most important factor to me!

My class 2 Sandisk card was (perceptively) much faster than class 10 cards I tried from other manufacturers (and which cost twice as much). Tests have shown over time than Sandisk, while never competing on class speed, are consistently king of the random I/O speed.

Hopefully they continue that trend with their SDXC cards!

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
I suppose what we really need is the ExFAT drivers or whatever.
The only one who has a working ExFat driver for Linux is Tuxera, and this driver is proprietary. So even if ExFat was a file system which I would use from a technical point of view (afaik it doesn't support Unix file system permissions which would mean I don't want to use it) I wouldn't use it due to the proprietary driver. Besides I don't even know if Tuxeras driver even works with Maemo.

Ext2 is just fine for what we need.

Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
Strange...on the box it says transfer rates "upto" 200mb a second ?!?!

How the **** did they get that result?!
Everything USB-related (SD card readers are usually connected via the USB bus) tends to be advertised with the theoretical maximum transfer rates of the interface, not the actual transfer rates of the hardware. Remember these 480Mbit/s stickers on USB devices? No USB 2.0 device ever reached 60MB/s.
So that 200MB/s might simply indicate that their technology theoretically allows cards in the future that might allow 200MB/s - if the moon is full and the martians have invaded the UK.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Nope - as I've written few posts ago, it's just 200x, and our "reporter" doesn't recognize it from 200 mb/s.

Of course, real value is still something like half of this.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

See that shiny part stating "15 mb/s"? Now, look at this:

200x != 200 MB/s. It's referring to old CD/DVD speed marking.

Honestly, You could check it 234324 times Yourself, instead of calling me *******. Just laziness, or You need new glasses?

/Estel

Firstly I dont have the SD card, I have Micro SD as I already said, my MicroSD doesnt have 15 mb/s written on it!

Yeah sorry I dont know everything....the label wasnt clear to me.

So that shiny part doesnt exist on mine. Now **** off and buy yourself some new glasses