Notices

hello,

Is there a sharing plug-in for Email? There are tons of sharing plugins for just about everything. I would like one for email where i can just quickly share a picture, file etc to a specified email address. The plugin would ofcourse require some configuration like smtp, pop3 etc.

Is it possible for someone to develop one? I dont sync my emails with mfe so i dont want to use the in-built mail client to compose.

Something like Shozu on Symbian if anyone remembers.

/xuggs

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
hmm...n900 has out of box send via email button. You can find it when you open image from gallery and press share button.

Yep but that requires you to setup an email account using mfe. I dont want to do that. I dont want to sync anything.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
What e-mail client do you use then? If you only got an account in the E-mail app, it will work as well.

I dont use an email client. I check mails over the web.

I understand what you are saying but I do not want to setup mfe at all.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
I understand what you are saying but I do not want to setup mfe at all.
Where have you got this false idea that, in order to use Modest, it requires the setting up of MfE? I use it as an email notifier for my Gmail account.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm. I´m not sure but you can make your own email account and setup it with only outgoing server so that it doesnt try to download anything. I´m not sure about this but probably worth of trying.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Where have you got this false idea that, in order to use Modest, it requires the setting up of MfE? I use it as an email notifier for my Gmail account.
Okay my bad, doesnt require Mfe you are right but I setup Email (Not Mfe) and it immediately downloaded all my msgs which I really dont want.

It's not possible to leave the incoming mail server blank as it's a mandatory field.

/xuggs

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
so put it as localhost and it won't have anything to fetch
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

^It fails i have tried that already. For me to send messages.. it does a send/receive first.

anyways nevermind. screw it.