Notices

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Please create a proposal (Problem+Solution) at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/

And read the following please
How to use Brainstorm
Follow the Brainstorm rules

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
The only issue I have with the current dataplan monitor is the size. I don't need the big icon, or the title 'Dataplan Monitor', and I would only need U and D, not 'Uploaded' and 'Downloaded'. Ideally it would sit up in the status area instead of on the desktop, and be visible on all desktops.

I thought i would find here people who acctualy care about making N900 a better platform. If you dont like my idea it doesn't mean it won't be usefull for someone else. having the extra customizability sure wont hurt anyone.
I'm not looking for "i can compute in my brain" posting type. I'm looking for, "read here to learn how to make it yourself" posts, or "i like the idea, i will try to make the widget"
If you have negative input, please refrain from posting. It just lengthens the topic without a meaning.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bytales For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
The only issue I have with the current dataplan monitor is the size. I don't need the big icon, or the title 'Dataplan Monitor', and I would only need U and D, not 'Uploaded' and 'Downloaded'.
Does checking "Use compact layout" in settings make the widget more to your liking?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm not in favor of political correctness per se, but I would hope we could come up with better criticisms of someone's hard work other than "poorly implemented"... : /

Also, to Chemist's point: if this is not to be an actual Brainstorm, let me know so I can move the thread to a better location.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-12-15 at 19:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Does checking "Use compact layout" in settings make the widget more to your liking?
It does, but above all it made me realize that widgets could have settings, and fiddle around until I found how to access them, which is even better :-)

Lots of hidden nuggets in this here UI...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
where to reset the counter ?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by val580 View Post
where to reset the counter ?
  1. Launch "Settings".
  2. Tap "Phone".
  3. Scroll down to "Data counter".
  4. Tap "Data counter".
  5. Tap "Reset".

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Bytales View Post
I thought i would find here people who acctualy care about making N900 a better platform. If you dont like my idea it doesn't mean it won't be usefull for someone else. having the extra customizability sure wont hurt anyone.
I'm not looking for "i can compute in my brain" posting type. I'm looking for, "read here to learn how to make it yourself" posts, or "i like the idea, i will try to make the widget"
If you have negative input, please refrain from posting. It just lengthens the topic without a meaning.
Threads are supposed to be a debate. Just because someone does not ncessarily agree with your take on the situation does not make the input negative. If you ask for comments then expect to find that some will not agree with you. As long as there are no personal insults then surely your original proposal should live or die by the merits of the debate?

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I would love to try, but I just can't find where that setting is. I've looked all over Settings so far.