http://liliputing.com/2017/01/gpd-po...u-support.html

It looks like GPD has its own answer to the Graalphone. The GPD pocket has a physical keyboard and 7" screen. The GPD pocket is still in development and not a final product. I personally want slightly deeper pitch keys and the trackpoint moved.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have huge hands - this would not be comfortable to type on at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Looks nice, and decent enough specs to be actually useful.

7" is a bit too big to put in a pocket though, and if you're going to put it in a bag you can probably fit a "proper" laptop in there...

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
7" definitely can fit in a pocket I have regularly carried 4:3 7.85" and 16:10 8.0" tablets in a pocket as well as vanilla 7" tablets in a pocket. It more depends on the type of pocket.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
7" definitely can fit in a pocket I have regularly carried 4:3 7.85" and 16:10 8.0" tablets in a pocket as well as vanilla 7" tablets in a pocket. It more depends on the type of pocket.
Definitely not any blazer pocket I have. It does fit some chinos and jeans back pockets; but I won't be able to sit down comfortably.

I'm still stuck with the full-keyboard size attempt. Pyra's keyboard is small, but it's to be held and used with your thumbs mostly. Same for the N900 - I loved the N810's keyboard.

This is just looks like an uncomfortable size for a keyboard. But I don't mind being wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I think the keyboard is for thumb typing, at least that is what I'd use for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
I think the keyboard is for thumb typing, at least that is what I'd use for it.

Um... did you not see that pic with the guy with his hands on the keyboard? It may be how you may use it, but it's not how it's intended to be used.

It looks like it could accommodate two medium or small sized hands somewhat.

With that said, we'll find out when/if it arrives. I hope GPD fixes their QA issues (many complaints can be found out there with a very simple search).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I wonder...it's an Intel Atom processor. What's the feasibility of a SFOS port? Jolla Tablet is intel, right>

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I love these 7" netbooks. I still have 2 eeepc's (700). They were very well built and I still use them with puppy Linux.
Small keyboard, but these netbooks are not used for long typing sessions anyway.
I am wondering how the capacitive touch screen will work instead of using a mouse. Resistive seems to be more suited for desktop use, but maybe it works with unity and plugins for the browser.

I will definitely not pre-order, but once launched and it has a fully working Linux install and depending on the price I might buy one.
If it will be available with docking station I am even more interested...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I wonder...it's an Intel Atom processor. What's the feasibility of a SFOS port? Jolla Tablet is intel, right>
It surely can be ported, but not sure if it's useful on a small laptop. What makes me wonder that some articles advertise Ubuntu 16.04 support besides Cherry Trail. If that's true, would be interesting to see how they fix Cherry Trail issues in mainline kernel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: