Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
For the point at hand: Legally, technically, and in the way of "duty", there was not a requirement anywhere that the Board be elected. There was no "duty" to hold an election for the positions. By law these are appointed positions. The initial Board is placed by the incorporators of the company, no mention of elections anywhere.

We went out of our way to set things up so that there could be a public nomination and election process. The incorporators agreed early on to hold and abide by the results of an election instead of just appointing them. This was done for the sake of easing the community into this transition, that and it was felt it would be better for the community long term to do it in this fashion. I know this to be fact, not the speculation of someone trying to apply his own made-up rules to something he doesn't understand.

__________________________________________________ _

As for you taking offense to being told your ramble... I think you need to look up what that word means.

You've accused me of lying, cheating, manipulating others, trying to steal money that doesn't exist, of political campaigning in elections I'm not even running for, and yes, for being long-winded. (Which, btw, is a synonym for "ramble".)

Fact of the matter is, I've gotten NO reward for my service here other than the thanks of some members of the community. (Which is more than enough.) Far from taking anything from the community, the money used to file forms and such to create this new entity, hundreds of dollars, came as a donation out of my pocket. I actively made public everything I could, on all fronts, to keep the community aware. I specifically stood back from things that I knew were going to be a mess (like CA) to avoid the misconception that I, or it, was corrupt.

Meanwhile, you were actively pushing to keep holding Council meetings in private channels. Trying to keep private every little thing you could in Council's dealing (until you were no longer Council). Playing other Councilors against each other by sending private e-mails and having one-on-one conversations instead of using group mail like everyone else. You tried to take control of everything you thought you could get, from IRC ops, to TMO moderation, to the repos. You claimed any victory or award you could, even when you weren't involved in the work to make it happen. And when it all finally caught up with you, as lies always do, you threw blame at others and pointed fingers at everyone but yourself. And when people finally stopped buying your lies, and your blaming of others, you ran away, like a child. To this day, you still throw lies and insults at anyone you fell "wronged" you by speaking truth to your lies.

The saddest part of all this? I think you may actually believe your own lies. The blame you place on others, for your own faults and actions... No matter how unrealistic or crazy that "logic" is, or that so many others see through it. I think you may actually have convinced yourself that all that made-up BS in your head is what really happened, without a shred of reality supporting any of it.

You have something against me? That's fine. Bring it. I've got nothing to hide. That's the benefit of having all my dealings being open and transparent. I personally have nothing against you, only against the constant stream of poison and BS you spew, with the tone that you know it all when you in fact know nothing.

For me, it's never been about being on Council, or Chair, or the Board, or even about you (shocking, I know). It's been about the community. Giving something with nothing expected in return, for the betterment of all. To me, making sure the facts are known and knowable by the community is what matters, so everyone can make an informed choice. It's what I want most from leadership, and what I offer whenever I have it.

So keep on going. Dig your hole deeper. Lie to yourself a little more. But don't think you can lie to the community here and not have it rebuffed with facts. Regardless of what "position" I hold or don't hold, I'll be here to set the record straight, when/if I know what's going on.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

@ above:
Christ, 2x A4 page post, just to convince us, that election for Board wasn't needed, that you (personally) did us a favor by not proclamating yourself board memeber without election, and generally, how we're doomed without your "priceless awesome" contributions? In situation, where we're already after election, and your interpretation of "doing favor" to us doesn't really matter, even by slightiest bit?

Man, give me a break. I'm really glad, that "those undeserving bastards" - aka Community - said you big "no" during board election. Frankly, your "shutting up" for a week or so after voting, allowed Board to enter duty in good atmosphere (despite problems with Texrat's nomination), and everything was heading into productive way. It turned out to be "just ilness", and now you're back, with your antagonising egocracy - sure, "red card" from Community during election, isn't enough to make you re-think, if not dsappear from Maemo's "public life"? Politicians, *sigh*...

Best wishes for personal health, though. It's more important, than any "virtual" hostility.
---

As for serious things, I would really like to know, why current Council do farse' of candidating + "doesn't vote for me" requests, instead of pulling candidacy off. It seems like abusing statute to trigger Council election, in situation, where there is too low interest in Council from Community, to even get full list of candidates.

Maybe next day, we will assign bots to candidate? This way we can have 4x for one position, and ratio of interest in election will jump like in Belarus...

Also, it's big lack of respect for other candidates - it's like saying "I'm so awesome, that I could replace any of elected candidates, but I didn't want to, so don't vote for me". In all democracies suggestions of having "licensed opposition" (fake opposition, without real will to win, so other candidate can win) is real insult, and many times, invalidate whole election.

C'mon Ivan, be a man. Either you're in and want to win, or revoke your candidacy - what you're trying to do now, being "half virgin, half pregnant" is very, very bad practice, for any election.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-29 at 23:47.

unbelievable how long a troll takes to starve, huh? ¦-)))))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
[B]

As for you taking offense to being told your ramble... I think you need to look up what that word means...
[...]
Woody,

looking beyond the blunt facts, doesn't this strikingly sound like... borderline? megalomania? or even narcissism?
the guy is sick.
maybe we should leave it to that? for that kind of people too, the rule is... don't feed their delusions by trying to convince them otherwise... :|

Regardless of what "position" I hold or don't hold, I'll be here to set the record straight, when/if I know what's going on.
one shouldn't praise a day before the evening but still...
thank you for your contributions to this Community, as a Councillor in the last few months and simply as a member before!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
unbelievable how long a troll takes to starve, huh? ¦-)))))
Absolutely true, even if I'm not feeding it, keeps again and again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Absolutely true, even if I'm not feeding it, keeps again and again.
Whales who haven't been fed in sometime but still have that blubber around them will carry on till the blubber is lost...

So just keep doing what you've been doing and DON'T ever replenish the blubber

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think ivgalvez's approach is sane. He clearly states "don't vote for me" so that the two bodies are seperate, but his candidacy is still there as a cushion in case someone has jumped on the ship just because he sees he is going to be probably elected. Ivgalvez's candidacy ensures that if the community believes that one of the candidates is really harmful, there are still enough people to get elected.

tl;dr;
Maybe the community believes it's less harm for the community if ivgalvez is elected in both bodies than person X elected for council.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Well, decisions is up to him. Personally, I see candidating, then saying "don't vote for me" as extremely silly, childish, and, disrespecting (for election itself, and other candidates) approach - revoking own candidacy seems to be only way of handling such situation, if election is took seriously.

Of course, it's only my opinion, and no one need to agree/comply with it - no need to start calling names, as current (and hopefully, soon to be away and forgotten in disgrace) Council use to do.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
no need to start calling names, as current (and hopefully, soon to be away and forgotten in disgrace) Council use to do.

/Estel
I'm sure most people have already forgotten you were on Council, yet alone how you acted those scant few months, so no worries...

Yes, I know... but it was too hard to pass up....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I'm sure most people have already forgotten you were on Council, yet alone how you acted those scant few months, so no worries...

Yes, I know... but it was too hard to pass up....
only the truth hurts...
right? ¦-)

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread