Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I use openoffice both on my notebook and on my n900, and both at home and at work.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
I use OpenOffice at home and at work on Windows and Ubuntu.
Have not started testing OoO on my N900 yet.

MS Office 2007 work and home, (was using on my last phone HTC Excalibur /TMO DASH now using DOC to Go with N900 but need to edit stuff so hope they do a premium version ) the nature of many years with biz PC's but the universal nature (i.e. being around so long most people use it) of MS Office makes things easy. N900 has some issues with office and RTF showing attachments as winmail.dat unless you use html instead.

I bought the docs-to-go license (it's cheap and affordable at < $10). I don't have any need to actively edit any files, just displaying them.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
At this moment I am using Docs2Go.

I installed FreOffice, but it works very slow, so I uninstalled it.

In my office I am using MS Office 2007 and OpenOffice at home.

Regards.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "What office software do you use?" with six posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I've had problems with docs to go viewer. Specifically, there are some word format files which aren't opened and throw an "Internal Error: 7370309" notification.
I've emailed support (having purchased the retail version) and they asked me what program/version created the files and some other obvious things.
I sent them one of the files I can't open and I'm waiting for a response.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I use Google docs in the browser, until good alternatives such as Abiword and/or KOffice appear in the extras-test repository.
You have to upload your docs, so it not really fast, but it's a very 'N900-only' way of doing things, which compensates

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
*Bump*
Is there a "native Maemo" .xls solution in the works?

If not, is there a detailed description of how to "duel boot" Debian and to install Open Office into Dbian, and how to use Open Office from Maemo through Debian??

i want a free software,thx

Tags
abiword, application, documents, edit, edit excel, edit powerpoint, edit word, excel, fremantle, gnumeric, maemo, maemo 5, microsoft, office, office applications, open, open excel, open powerpoint, open word, openoffice, openoffice.org, powerpoint, spreadsheet, word