Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
A neat - though not super useful - trick my wife discovered the other day is that if you are looking at pictures in the gallery in landscape mode and you turn the phone over as if you are trying to show the picture to someone opposite you, it will automatically flip the picture so it's the right way round.

Not sure if that makes any sense, but try it for yourself and see!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
...in the gallery in landscape mode and you turn the phone over as if you are trying to show the picture to someone opposite you, it will automatically flip the picture so it's the right way round.
Very cool, props to the wife.

Last edited by Keir; 2010-01-10 at 12:37.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
A tip when your in the terminal -
If your typing a command that you have used before just press the up arrow key and it will go through all the commands you have typed in there, most recent 1st

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Just ran Speedtest.net from the phone....and OMG, 6.7MB down and 5.2MB up... Sweeeeetttt

Quick question - I was led to believe that the N900 had an N Wireless unit onboard - However when i broadcast N only ( I'm on 50mbit so I only want devices that won't choke my connection to connect) it doesn't pick it up. If I set to to b/g/n it does, so I take it it's a G card?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I wasn't aware that the N900 has a chipset that supports IEEE 802.11 N, never saw it mentioned anywhere either. So yes its only B/G.

Small tip in Music Player (that I just discovered)
In "Now Playing" tap the albumart to show list of songs on album, tap again to go back to "Now Playing"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1cke For This Useful Post:
Very nice tips guys, keep them coming. its nice how the N900 keeps poping these secrets etc up.

For in car phone use....if in a landscape phone holder.....

When in phone, click top middle (menu) for phone and select 'turning control' select 'automatic' instead of 'portrait' this will allow for landscape phone operation while driving (i.e flck over from maps) otherwise the phone will turn to portrait when it rings...

if you pick up the phone, it will still turn to portrait based on accelerometer

hope it helps someone.

plz ignore me if you already know this.

When you are in an application that is running and press the power button, there will be a option 'end current task' in the menu.

I think it is useful since sometime I got a newly installed app running without menu bar but do not know how to exit it, i can just kill it this way and back to desktop.

plz ignore me if you already know this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toto29820 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
And ctrl-backspace sends program to background.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, tip, tips, tips and tricks, trick, tricks