Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Yeah it sure will have the touch screen. You can still see the big key board come up. so touch screen is there

So they ended up putting the dpad on the slideout keyboard. How dumb. The thing is basically useless for web browsing unless you slide out the keyboard. Which is really a clumsy thing to have to do.

Is the camera the little thingy on the front at the left? It may be in a better position (closer to the center) for video phone, but it also means that (as opposed to the N800) the camera isn't practical for taking photos, or to easily show things to someone you're video-talking to (on the N800 you just svivel the camera around while you watch the screen).

I can't see the speakers anywhere?

Moby. Some of us use the dpad while browsing a lot. I find it a lot more convenient than using the stylus when just browsing. Looking at the images I can't see that being as easy with the new positioning. Also we'd have been able to have a bigger keyboard if they'd left the dpad where it belongs.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
So they ended up putting the dpad on the slideout keyboard. How dumb. The thing is basically useless for web browsing unless you slide out the keyboard. Which is really a clumsy thing to have to do.

Is the camera the little thingy on the front at the left? It may be in a better position (closer to the center) for video phone, but it also means that (as opposed to the N800) the camera isn't practical for taking photos, or to easily show things to someone you're video-talking to (on the N800 you just svivel the camera around while you watch the screen).

I can't see the speakers anywhere?
Speaker on the sides on the top

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Wait a minute in one of the pictures the stand goes way back then the n800 stand goes back. may be it can hold the screen at an angle while we type on the key board. I mean it may go beyond the 90 degrees angle and support the screen from behind. That is not a a bad idea.
Somewhat like the TyTN II then.

Do we know if it still has the buttons on the top edge? I don't think you can see them on any of those pics.

I'm guessing the official announcement hasn't happened yet (No word from Thoughtfix and the others yet). I'd like to see the specs and find out if it can handle Flash.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Somewhat like the TyTN II then.
Look at the 5th picture from the top.... the one with the map. I think that is as far back the stand can go and i cant see anyway to get the keyboard from that angle.... so count that also out.
This is getting worse...

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Very nice but I see Nokia were indeed stupid enough to put the front panel controls on the slide out keyboard. Don't they have any designers with an ounce of sense there?
Having a slide out qwerty is one thing, but moving the D pad to the keypad is quite another. Notice that the front is redimensioned and the left side where the Dpad used to be is narrower. Is the display screen wider?

Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Do we know if it still has the buttons on the top edge? I don't think you can see them on any of those pics.

I'm guessing the official announcement hasn't happened yet (No word from Thoughtfix and the others yet). I'd like to see the specs and find out if it can handle Flash.
Yeah i can see some buttons on the top just like the 770.. look at the first picture from the top..

Lovely, the button design/layout has actually gotten WORSE than the that of the N800, which was inferior to that of the 770. The slide toward absolute unuseability continues...

After 3 generations, one would expect the ergonomics of the device to have improved. Has anyone spotted any buttons which can be used with the keyboard closed? Is this the end of the NIT as a ebook reader?