Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Sydney
Running OS2008 on an N800, it seems to me that screen recal does more harm than good. After copious recalibrations, the only way I've been able to get my tablet usable again is to do some recals where I give the recal utility a "bum steer".

Rather than reflash, does anyone know the details of the "pointercal" files in the /etc/ directory?

Presumably these files keep track of all the various recalibrations, so I'm wondering if there's a simple file manipulation I can do to return the screen cal back to the "freshly flashed" state.

TIA

-- Ian

Should be able to delete the calibration files to return to freshly flashed state - though why you'd want to do this I don't know.

There are TSLIB plugins with optional arguments that you can have a scout through to see if they'll help; can't remember the config file location though - it's there - just have a looksie for it

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Sydney
> though why you'd want to do this I don't know.

The reason you'd want to do this, as described, is because once you've performed a recalibration, life quickly goes pear shaped. There's other people reporting the same thing. The more you recal, the worse it gets.