Active Topics

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I don't use the Itt tethered to a phone. The usefullness would depend on what you need it for. 80% of my life has wifi connection, Home-Office-Gym-Mall-Library. A few restraunts have free wifi, and some hotels will offer it for free also. I don't even subscribe to any pay services that would open up more travel spots.

It is great for me offline, installed programs (mostly games for me) work offline, as does the media player for viewing videos. I also use Garnet VM (a PDA emulator) to sync with outlook, and within that use www.avantgo.com to download pages when I sync to view offline. I'm sure it is a matter of time until these offline apps get written for OS2008.

I wish you luck on getting it tethered to you BBerry. Check the connectivity section of the Wiki.

PS. You hit the jackpot of helpfullness here with Hedgecore.

Last edited by TheGogmagog; 2007-12-12 at 20:36.

Thanks the gog! Yeah Hedge is certainly the man then again all of you are! You guys ROCK! I literally learned about 8 topics over night yknow how they say you need to crawl before you walk well I just ran LMAO

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ SF, CA
Hi,
I will throw out a few things:
1. Look at the wikis at this site ITT and maemo. They are pretty mixed up in some places but you can find links with good info on MANY topics. so you don't need to try to search - the wikis will help a lot in getting started with a IT. Even the wikis on 770 or N800 will be useful. For example see the "beginner's guide" in the wiki here at ITT for info on installing apps. (But geneven gave great info already).

2. Why not try this search instead: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0059812...%3Awt9tjwf2kd4
This has been buried in this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=103274
on page 1, 3rd reply from the bottom. A better way to search. Seems to work for me. Thanks! technut.

3. DVD decryptor and Autogk are good free programs. DVD decrpytor is great and very easy - Autogk takes more to learn about the settings. <-- to copy your own DVDs.

Are they going to have a future wiki for the n810 and the new os 2008? Most of what I see is for the 770 tablet???

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by nosam View Post
2. Why not try this search instead: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0059812...%3Awt9tjwf2kd4
This has been buried in this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=103274
on page 1, 3rd reply from the bottom. A better way to search. Seems to work for me. Thanks! technut.
Thanks for remembering it. I link it in my .sig but I should probably put a link in the Wiki.

Originally Posted by n810man913 View Post
Are they going to have a future wiki for the n810 and the new os 2008? Most of what I see is for the 770 tablet???
There will be, but it takes time. The fundamentals are the same, it's the specifics that really change. I feel your pain getting the blackberry paired. I ended up buying a new phone so I could pair it with my n810.

Can the blackberry's functionality be replaced via IMAP?

Dick, are you telling me what I have been fearing? Here it comes the dreadful "you mean then it will not be able to tether from my berry" oh the agony! Don't get me wrong I love my tablet, as much as i possibly could from a novice user who just got it less then a week ago however I love my crackberry ... is there any other option I have for tethering? Even if I have to buy a second phone like an N95

Last edited by n810man913; 2007-12-12 at 18:45.

Originally Posted by n810man913 View Post
Dick, are you telling me what I have been fearing? Here it comes the deadful "you mean the it will not be able to tether from my berry" oh the agony! Don't get me wrong I love my tablet, as much as i possibly could from a novice user who just got it less then a week ago however I love my crackberry ... is there any other option I have for tethering? Even if I have to buy a second phone like an N95
Absolutely...if the blackberry and the n810 can't talk to each other, you can pick up most any cheap phone that supports DUN via bluetooth. I have a razr that I keep in my pocket and really only use for internet access on my tablet.

That said, I think it likely that someone will figure out how to get them working together, but I expect it will be months before that happens. There is an app for the blackberry 8700 series that's supposed to do what you want: http://brainmurmurs.com/products/pulse/index.php, but I can't tell you if it works for your tablet or not.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You guys are too kind, I'm just a patient jerk with a lot of time on his hands at work.

There was a website out there for the N800 of 'things to do' when you're sitting on a fresh OS install... there's also newbie guides for the N800 and I believe there might be a couple for the N810. There isn't (to my knowledge) any hardcore all-encompasing resource. I'm no genius, I've been tinkering with Linux for a long time but never went hardcore with it, but if I got an N810 I'd be tempted to throw up a simple site and record stuff as I learn/experience it. Everyone needs a hobby, right?

Any luck with that BlackBerry tethering? (Is it a work one? Again, the policy pushed out by your company's BES server might cack any attempts you make.)

Hedge, I've been messing around with the tablet school and its been helping me ALOT but is the os 2007 really that different from 2008? No luck with the berry tethering. I think I will purchase an N95 today WOOHOO! lol Also, do you know where I can find those newbie sites you were talking about? I tried pulse Dick but it only works for 8700 series berrys but I appreciate the effort. You guys are AWESOME!