So I have a problem. Last night some time my N900 decided to die on me. I don't think it was battery because I never heard it chirp at me, but I suppose it's possible.

At any rate, when I try to turn it on now, it will show the NOKIA white screen then do the first set of 5 blinking dots real fast and then shut off.

I had it on the charger all night and all night it would go buzz real quick, then go into a dark gray screen and light up, then shut off and buzz again. It did this all night while I was hoping it was charging.

But now I'm trying to use the flasher tool and it doesnt do anything while I hold down the u key and attached the USB cable. Is it possible my battery is really low and refuses to charge??

I think you should try and charge the battery in another phone (5800 Perhaps)
and see what the N900 shows

Last edited by michael196; 2010-04-17 at 15:13.

Edited out.

Last edited by Laughingstok; 2010-05-02 at 15:01.

Hehe, good to hear that it worked out nicely for you!

Also my battery is fully charged. But now my N900 is behaving very badly.

It's getting stuck in transition modes (like going from desktop to multi-screen section) and very slow overall. Checking top shows now unusual processes. Hmm.

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post

At any rate, when I try to turn it on now, it will show the NOKIA white screen then do the first set of 5 blinking dots real fast and then shut off.

I had it on the charger all night and all night it would go buzz real quick, then go into a dark gray screen and light up, then shut off and buzz again. It did this all night while I was hoping it was charging.
Yeah, this is possible it happened to me on the original firmware -- I haven't seen the issue since.

To solve for me; basically I had to use the "flasher" tool to put it into its alternate state (which apparently isn't as picky about the voltage) and then the device booted up and allowed it to charge. Then I switched off the alternate state and it was fine. I've read others have used a second battery and/or a battery charger with this issue. I believe the issue was fixed in the second firmware.

Nathan

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Also my battery is fully charged. But now my N900 is behaving very badly.

It's getting stuck in transition modes (like going from desktop to multi-screen section) and very slow overall. Checking top shows now unusual processes. Hmm.
If you have "weird" issues; backup your important stuff; download the "full" latest rom from the nokia site and then do a flash from the compuer. This will reset the device to pretty much factory defaults.

Nathan