Poll: Which one would you buy?
Poll Options
Which one would you buy?

I would say totally depending on your needs.

I would go for Nokia Lumia 920 because what I'm aiming for is a good camera phone with a very very smooth UI surface, and BIG screen.
I won't go for Android even when Note 2 is really attractive to me, I just can't accept the lagness of the OS.
I will not go for iOS either, to me, getting an iDevice, it MUST be big, there is no point playing on an iPhone which screen is so small when you can enjoy the HD version on the iPad, why iPhone when you can get iPad which is so much cheaper?

I'm a N9 user btw :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henry91 For This Useful Post:
I have a 2010 Android phone which is faster than an iPhone.

The days of lag on Android died when the Gnex arrived. Basically anything with a proper ICS 4.0.3 build and higher runs iOS smooth. Especially if it has Tegra 2 or better processor.

Got to see the NOTE2 that I bought for my brother, and the better screen, better stylus, multitasking and notification light... that's really tempting me to upgrade from OG NOTE.

I'm flattered

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I have a 2010 Android phone which is faster than an iPhone.

The days of lag on Android died when the Gnex arrived. Basically anything with a proper ICS 4.0.3 build and higher runs iOS smooth.
Jelly Bean is what made Android pretty much lagfree. It introduced project butter. ICS was still kind of a mess. Jelly Bean on a Nexus though is fantastically smooth.

Agreed though. If you buy a proper Android phone you can't really put lag as a negatibe about Android anymore. In some regards it's even smoother than Windows Phone.

Flicking away a scrolling list is smoother on WP. Though the “finger smoothness”, when you hold your finger and swipe on the screen, the movement is actually smoother than WP. So yeah the days of laggyness is pretty much gone. Love my Nexus. Love my N9 too though

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
have you tried swype to post on this site? Or tap type in the browser address bar quickly.
If you don't like Swype then don't use it. You have the option to turn it off or is that too complicated for you? In WP8 they make it simpler for you - no Swype, no option. Is that an improvement for you?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumia 920 is under $500. This is a good price for the specs.

just checked out lumia 920 in San Fran. Sold out today in the center of town. played with it, and it looks beautiful. I also like the fact that fonts ARE adjustable, and you can read things easily. Feels great and weight helps to the feeling. Was going to buy it, but sold out!!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
just checked out lumia 920 in San Fran. Sold out today in the center of town. played with it, and it looks beautiful. I also like the fact that fonts ARE adjustable, and you can read things easily. Feels great and weight helps to the feeling. Was going to buy it, but sold out!!
Go to any AT&T store anywhere, or a Best Buy (know for a fact each Best Buy has 2 of them minimum) and they are not sold out. You acting like, wow this phone is flying like hotcakes is like you trying to be a broke down pimp trying to sell off a 2 tooth hooker. The release of this phone has been an absolute joke and we have AT&T, Microsoft, and Elop to thank for this. I really want this phone, and in yellow. I even pre-ordered it. It was supposed to ship today, but no luck, and with a free wireless charging plate, guess what...no dice. Microsoft & Nokia = fail big time in this release. I'll never buy into the US market Nokia/MS partnership ever again. You're a blind poltroon to ever think this will save Nokia in the US market.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Go to any AT&T store anywhere, or a Best Buy (know for a fact each Best Buy has 2 of them minimum) and they are not sold out. You acting like, wow this phone is flying like hotcakes is like you trying to be a broke down pimp trying to sell off a 2 tooth hooker. The release of this phone has been an absolute joke and we have AT&T, Microsoft, and Elop to thank for this. I really want this phone, and in yellow. I even pre-ordered it. It was supposed to ship today, but no luck, and with a free wireless charging plate, guess what...no dice. Microsoft & Nokia = fail big time in this release. I'll never buy into the US market Nokia/MS partnership ever again. You're a blind poltroon to ever think this will save Nokia in the US market.
Hold your horses angry man. Did I say it was flying like hotcakes? I stated a fact that in the largest store in San Fran, they were sold out. I walked today into another store, in Pittsburgh, sold out too. I ordered a cyan Lumia 920 and will be with me tomorrow or Friday.
Be patient, you will get it. Persevere.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Lahore, PK
is double tap to unlock feature available in lumia 920 like
available in n9

Originally Posted by haider378 View Post
is double tap to unlock feature available in lumia 920 like
available in n9
No. Only N9/N950 has that