Notices

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
i have done exactly the following -

connected phone to USB (USB Mode)
created a folder called 'themes'
created 2 folders called 'beta' and 'beta-backup'
extracted the 'pacman_lockslider.zip' into the 'themes/beta' folder, so in there now shows 2 new folders called 'backgrounds' and 'images'
opened x-term.
1. typed sudo gainroot
2. typed cp -r /usr/share/themes/beta/* /home/user/MyDocs/themes/beta-backup/
3. typed cp -r /home/user/MyDocs/themes/beta /usr/share/themes/

after doing stage 2 i do have loads of files in my 'beta-backup' folder, after doing stage 3 i have rebooted my N900 but still see my standard lock screen.

Is it because i'm using the Maemo.Org theme?
Changed theme and got it working.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
Is it because i'm using the Maemo.Org theme?
yep.

but you can do it like:

Code:
cp -r /home/user/MyDocs/themes/beta/* /usr/share/themes/$themename/
where $themename is the name of the theme-folder you are using at the moment

How do i know what theme folder i'm using? coz currently i'm using the IivilSteel Black Winter Day Theme 2.0.0.0

hi i am brand new to my n900 and i have tried and tried to get this working.please please will somebody tell me step by step how to get this working.eg in x terminal do i press enter after each command.i have done and the gainroot seems to work but then when i type the second command then enter it says not found.sorry i am a bit thick but please can somebody help me by telling me every little detail i have to do

cant somebody just make an all in 1 ap please

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by jondon View Post
cant somebody just make an all in 1 ap please
Yes, I have done it.
Take the .zip. Extract it into a folder on your phone. Somewhere accessible, like /home/user/MyDocs (root folder when you attach phone in mass storage mode; N900 (or something like that) when you use default File Manager on the phone).
Now you see four files in File Manager on the phone. Tap one of them (.deb; its icon is white-and-red), and Application Manager will start. Agree to install Pac-man slider. When it says "application successfully installed", it's installed. You can see Pac-man background. But the slider isn't reloaded it; you need to reboot.
After un-installation, you will also need a reboot to get default theme slider back.

Warning and disclaimer. Theoretically, not every theme works will with it (though most do work as intended). It was tested only with default theme on Maemo 5.
And please, if you installed theme while using theme x, uninstall Pac-man first before uninstalling theme x or updating it; and when uninstalling Pac-man, you MUST use exactly the same theme you used while installing Pac-man. In the worst case, you will lose lock-slider images in one of your themes.
In short, don't do anything with themes while Pac-man is installed, or you might scratch your head in thoughts about lock-slider chaos. If you follow this rule, and theme is standard (has the lock-slider images named standard way), everything is fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pacmanslider.zip (251.8 KB, 369 views)

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-06-21 at 06:37. Reason: Details

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I would love to see someday a full theme in pac-man style

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
mmm. No matter what I do, even reboot, I see the proper lock screen only the first time. After that it goes back to the default blue image with the pac-man slider button only.

I'm using the default them, backed it up & then unzipped the images into /usr/share/themes/alpha.What am I doing wrong?
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
works for me, at least for now

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by bull View Post
Hi all,

I've made up some new lockslider art after seeing someone else here on the forums give it a go. I pulled up the original arcade ROM and did a screenshot so it's pixel accurate... then it went through the ringer in Photoshop to enhance the pixelisation, add some vignetting and a glow. I'm fairly pleased with the end result, and have even worked it so the dots behind our good friend Puck-man-san dissappear as he goes past.

Screenshot:

DOWNLOAD PAC-MAN LOCKSLIDER ART HERE

EDIT: zip file has been updated to support Portrait mode

Enjoy!
These links lead to nowhere. Do you have a pixelated lockslider-portrait.png? Because I like the lockslider background, but I only have the one which is for landscape (as in the deb I packed long ago). And I doubt I would be able to adopt it for portrait.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
lock screen, pacman