Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would not hold my breath. The Nokia repository contains mostly proprietary Nokia packages without a source code. The only two ways to replace them in CSSU are, 1) write them from scratch and hope they do the same thing, or 2) reverse engineer them. The latter has shown a few first swallows (e.g. MCE) but, as we all know, that does not necessarily a summer make. If you want to know more, head down to the FPTF thread to get an idea about the scale of the task.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Uh! I want to reflash my phone, and then upgrade to CSSU-Thumb. Should I wait?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
Uh! I want to reflash my phone, and then upgrade to CSSU-Thumb. Should I wait?
not much to worry about anyway i might flash so wait a couple of days

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
a little wait for the fun thing is good after all. :P

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would not hold my breath. The Nokia repository contains mostly proprietary Nokia packages without a source code. The only two ways to replace them in CSSU are, 1) write them from scratch and hope they do the same thing, or 2) reverse engineer them. The latter has shown a few first swallows (e.g. MCE) but, as we all know, that does not necessarily a summer make. If you want to know more, head down to the FPTF thread to get an idea about the scale of the task.
Wouldn't a "good enough" fix just be to update the CSSU installation instructions to include a step that redirects the repositories sources to a working copy of the Nokia repos? It wouldn't replace them, of course, but would get the user past that "showstopping" error in the install process.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Wouldn't a "good enough" fix just be to update the CSSU installation instructions to include a step that redirects the repositories sources to a working copy of the Nokia repos? It wouldn't replace them, of course, but would get the user past that "showstopping" error in the install process.
The "good enough" solution would be to put all of the FOSS packages that used to be on Nokia repo (and there are plenty of them) on maemo.org repositories. That was discussed with merlin1991 (CSSU maintainer) and I guess he'll do it rather soon than later.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: