Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I think all high-end phones should now come with 64GB, like the iPhone, Galaxy S and NOTE's.
You forgot to mention that the celebrated N9 has 64gb

I think the key point here is it would be nice to have a choice of memory sizes because people ultimately have different needs. That’s why Micro SD slots are a great compromise!
You would think manufactures would have got the message by now. Either offer a number of memory options (16, 32, 64 or 128) or add Micros SD slot.

The Following User Says Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
Adding a microSD slot is better... you can ultimately have 64GB's which is what the maximum anyone's offering.

You also have the option of swapping the microSD's around where one may carry alot of music and photos, one for movies/tv, and one with the content (1.5GB) for "heavy Apps" and emulator roms. The cards are small enough to be carried inside a wallet.

The truth is;
128GB NAND is expensive "<$25" (just checked latest prices)... but on a mass-scale is cheap enough for a large OEM to offer
64GB NAND is inexpensive... I think are between $4 and $7
32GB NAND is even moreso ($1-$4).

Some devices actually have 3GB NAND and a 16GB microSD card built inside and are misadvertised/misguided as having "16GB NAND" storage. To be honest, the 3GB is ample enough for the OS and the important things... and the microSD is fast enough for local storage of mobile Apps and media.

But honestly the hardware interests me less than the software. There's so many unnecessary proprietary blobs used in these electronics which serves no other purpose than to prevent companies sharing code with its users, and consequently its competitors too...

Android is a boon for Enthusiast and Chinese OEMs and the like, its a disgrace for companies like Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, SONY who have (had) some sort of monopoly in the electronics industry.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: