i'm just worried about sluggish video performance for the nokia! as long i can get 30 fps i'm happy ;D

edit: but yes power to open source!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At second glance, I don't mean to come off as if I'll be using it 100% to develop my way to a better world. I also want video playback, picture storage, music playback, etc, but the viewpoint I'm taking is that while the default apps may fail at some of these tasks, others will replace them in no time.

Let's see the Palm boast that

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ OC,California,USA
Palm and 770 is like the same thing except 770 has better ****.

keep in mind the hardware capabilities when choosing between the palm tx and the 770 or any other handeld device:

-the palm tx has 128mb of ram with a 312mhz processor
-the 770 has a 64mb ram with 220mhz processor

the palm wins in pure power
what does that mean? the palm is faster, and it can run more apps at the same time without getting memory errors from the os

(i hear a lot of european users and even the nokia management themselves say that the 770 power is lacking, and users are getting a lot of memory errors if you have more apps open, this means you have to keep closing apps whenever you start a new one)

does palm tx have a dsp ?
in 770, there is 2 processors (1 for multimedia and 1 to the rest)

Originally Posted by daf
does palm tx have a dsp ?
in 770, there is 2 processors (1 for multimedia and 1 to the rest)

I know its a dual processor, i thought the total speed was 220mhz though, i could wrong, please correct me if i am

1 dual core processor
all the details here :
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...data/omap_1710