Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Even if the stuff about Wp7 on Nokia is true/fales, trolling, rummors!

I am starting too think its seems Nokia needs help belive in themselfs because if the rumors is true theyr will kill themselfs at the end.

I dont give a **** in the company , I am not a nokia "fanboy" in that way, BUT I believe in opensource(not Stallman way of open but..) and Maemo/Meego as a nice OS and ofcourse QT/Quick.

But the latest rumors about M$ is infact bad for openess. As we know Nokia is owning QT now. If selfish Microsoft decides to buy nokia well then we have same situation like in the case of Oracle buying Sun :-( "lets stop be open and kill openoffice"

So maybe it is time to start develop more QT apps both for Meego/Maemo and Symbian instead of whining like we all do here in this forum(including myself)?

I am sure the enginneers inside wants this too happen! Problem is to make the leaderschip inside Nokia and stockholders, for them the most important is MONEY right now..

So what Nokia needs is people that beleive in theyr development platform and apps in OviStore. That will give them and appdevelopers cash and also good "open as possible" OS :-D

(and noo I am not payed by Nokia saying this...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-12-30 at 22:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Nokia needs help belive in themselfs
So Nokia is a depressed friend of ours? Hardi, har, har, I'm just messin'.

If they can't attract developers, it's no one's fault but their own. They need to advertise Qt, it's the best damn cross-platform mobile solution there is. If devs took the time to look into it, Ovi Store would actually mean something.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
What Nokia needs is to NOT believe in themselves. They need to believe in their customers. They need to believe in the realities of the marketplace. They need to believe in the value of good teamwork in their customers. You want to find people who believe in themselves? Check the homeless shelters.

I had a student teacher who believed in herself. She didn't believe in preparation, she didn't believe in her professors' advice, she didn't believe in showing up early or staying late. She believed in herself. Then when she couldn't get hired she knew it was because of prejudice. It couldn't be because she believed in herself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mattbutsko View Post
So Nokia is a depressed friend of ours? Hardi, har, har, I'm just messin'.

If they can't attract developers, it's no one's fault but their own. They need to advertise Qt, it's the best damn cross-platform mobile solution there is. If devs took the time to look into it, Ovi Store would actually mean something.
too mee it seems engineers inside nokia likes QT but the leadership is not get it right and dont listen to them developers.

So my points is to get leadeship realise it outside developers, both commercial and open, need to support the engineers inside nokia by write more apps so the leadership go right direction.

this also include those that are dissapointed cause gtk is abandoned in favor of qt on maemo...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-12-31 at 01:18.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I do not see this as a popcorn thread. I completely agree with the subject. I believe the new Nokia management is in fact in the process of peeing in it's pants to keep... ...to look hot to american tech bloggers and thus investors. I am not much of a Nokia fan either, but I will be sad to see the only powerful alternative to dalvik scrapped.

(Though truth be told, the old Nokia management didn't seem able to keep a steady course for Maemo either.)

That said, Qt apps on top of a meego core and Qt apps on top of a symbian core, to many end users this will look much the same.

Last edited by volt; 2010-12-31 at 02:17.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Really Nokia's biggest failure is the lack of communication. There could be epic things happening with MeeGo behind the scenes right now or it could all be a big smokescreen. And the deafening silence leads to speculation, which quickly spirals downward into mindless FUD.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
This is the third pop corn embedded picture I've seen today. This is getting out of hand. It's not really funny any more.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
why should i help nokia?
because they took £500 from me for a n97 that didnt work properly for almost a year, then took another £500 for the n900 that was ditched after 6 months, my supposed 'full web browsing experience' ended after the same 6 months, and if it wasnt for the devs here i'd have no apps?
nokia owes me, the customer, big time!
i will give them 1 more chance to impress me with the n9 though,
so dont screw it up boys!

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
i will give them 1 more chance to impress me with the n9 though,
so dont screw it up boys!
The current trend shows that you'll be disappointed, hope that trend is proven wrong.