Hi, two questions:

1 Why are UK firmware updates delayed? I am NOT on a Vodafone branded device. I bought mine direct from Nokia UK, so it is on the generic UK release. Is it possible that the generic UK releases share code or release resources with the Vodafone branded version, therefore delaying the generic release until the Vodafone release is ready? Perhaps the same team releases the generic UK version as releases the Vodafone version? Can anyone shed any light on this frustrating situation?

2 Why do we have a special Vodafone UK version anyway? I thought that Nokia were supposed to have refused operator specials for Maemo.

I think it's too much of a coincidence that we have a special UK Vodafone release and that the generic UK releases are delayed. Are there any other operator specials around the world?

Last edited by babykitten; 2010-10-26 at 10:23.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
I guess I must be on a UK Firmware then. I was wondering why I seemed to be the only one without the update!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
I guess I must be on a UK Firmware then. I was wondering why I seemed to be the only one without the update!
i just reflashed mine with global firmware. there isnt no UK version available yet when i last checked

The same thing happened with one of the other updates (can't remember if it was PR1.1.1 or PR1.2). It was weeks before we got it. In fact, it might have been a month.

It's very frustrating.

Originally Posted by IINexusII View Post
i just reflashed mine with global firmware. there isnt no UK version available yet when i last checked
Me too... Won't have to worry about the delay again now hopefully...

Hmm, I guess I'm running the international firmware in that case as I did an OTA update yesterday.

What features should the UK version have over and above the International one I'm running? I have £ signs where they should be, etc.

Extra budget cuts...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to danielz000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Manchester
Here's an explanation
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=80

I have product code 0593611 too. As to why there's more than one uk product code, and why they don't get the updates at the same time, no idea...

more of an acknoledgement of what we knew (no UK update). No explanation there

Do you think the Vodafone PR1.3 firmware will add anything extra compared to global firmware . such as branding or even locking the device to vodafone ?