Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
As seen in this article:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3350...vodafone-shops

Not sure that this is a particularly wise move, I can see it spawning a whole new generation of 'Where's my MMS'ers...

(not sure if this is the right place for this, mods feel free to move it..)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Up a Tree somewhere near Stonehenge
Wow, what an offensive example of terrible Daily Mail-style malreporting!
Nokia are so stupid to let Tesco put phones in with the milk OMG WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Its only geeks that complain about N900. The mainstream love it. Just checkout the reviews out there. Its got its quirks but its better than the lot out there and its selling like hotcakes.

Dont be fooled by the Nokia hating US bloggers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
oh dear. the training they get is next to zero. i know i work there. albeit on the dairy department, so if theres an n900 in with the milk its probably fell out my pocket so let me know!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
oh dear. The training they get is next to zero. I know i work there. Albeit on the dairy department, so if theres an n900 in with the milk its probably fell out my pocket so let me know!
lool !! :d

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Its only geeks that complain about N900. The mainstream love it. Just checkout the reviews out there. Its got its quirks but its better than the lot out there and its selling like hotcakes.

Unfortunately we won't know this for sure until Nokia releases their sales (& returns) numbers. Judging by how they're keeping mum/side stepping the issue, it's not unreasonable to assume it's not an excellent stat to publish.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Agreed, +1 on this one!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
This is ridiculous. Tesco's is the Walmart of the UK. Its not some collection of local convenience stores... its the biggest supermarket chain here. Second, in the world only to Walmart with a turnover of 65 billion pounds.

How is a step 4 out of 5 device being fed to the masses like this at a premium price near its end of life cycle. Nokia just don't get it.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-14 at 23:18.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
This is ridiculous. Tesco's is the Walmart of the UK. Its the biggest supermarket chain here.

How is a step 4 out of 5 device being fed to the masses like this at a premium price near its end of life cycle. Nokia just dont get it.

Imperiallight, try reading the reviews of the masses online, you will find they are fascinated by this device. Dont think people are fools just because they dont know their Meego from Amigo, my Mum is over 60 and she wants a phone that can send files over bluetooth. She likes my N900 but says its too expensive so I got her the 5230.

Dont take my word for it, read a review by the masses. See link below for example - the N900 beats the iPhone in ratings. Its the arrogant geeks that dont get it, they think they know a lot. Meanwhile the cockroach bloggers at the likes of Engadget continue to do Apple's bidding - dissing Nokia at every opportunity. I travelled home to west Africa and the kids could use every feature on N95 5800 etc with ease - every feature !!!.

http://www.yourmobilephonereviews.co.uk/nokia-n900.htm

http://www.reevoo.com/p/nokia-n900#review_1965748

Last edited by Enyibinakata; 2010-06-14 at 23:23. Reason: add reevoo link

The Following User Says Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
This is ridiculous. Tesco's is the Walmart of the UK..
Technically ASDA is the Wal*Mart of the UK..

The Following User Says Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post: