Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
in the phone i tested it by watching full movies for a "fast" battery drain:
The original battery is good for 4 hours+ or 2 movies+
The "fake" battery from e_cell was good for about 2 hours or 1 movie+

And my battery test showed 806mAh not the 1930mAh as advertised or 1200mAh as hoped for......
Haven't tested my orig battery on the equipment yet, but if i get the time i will post it here.

To bad i don't have enough dough right now, else i would gladly spend some $ on different battery's from ebay, DX and other places you out there have found, and posting the REAL capacity here.
if there is some left next month i will do the above, but for now im experimenting with making my own battery with 2000mAh+, even planning on making a REAL BULKY one that will be over 3000mAh, as long as it can fit in my pocket it's ok for me
If you use bulky batts like mugenpower, the disadvantage is that you have to give up case like otterbox, leather case, etc due to increase of size. Also, full body protection like zagg is, clear coat won't fit the increasing back case. However, you can use pouch like Reversible Drawstring Bag.

Btw, the battery life is improved with the new PR 1.3

I have Japod and Pisen batteries from DX in some Nokia phones (not N900) and they work great, capacity about as good as original. DX also has crap batteries that are cheaper, so watch out. I wish N900 could let you hot swap batteries while connected to USB power but that appears impossible.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by phr View Post
I have Japod and Pisen batteries from DX in some Nokia phones (not N900) and they work great, capacity about as good as original. DX also has crap batteries that are cheaper, so watch out. I wish N900 could let you hot swap batteries while connected to USB power but that appears impossible.
you can hot swap battery's while connected to USB, look to youtube
but as far as i can see it takes as long as shutting down, changing battery an booting up

Nokia N900 - using it without a battery

Hoi Frost!

If you still have that battery - do u wanna keep it?
I just asked e-cell for a full refund.
And - if they do not - i intend to contact ebay & look if i find more buyers like us.
I AT LEAST want this company locked from ebay. Yet i would prefer to have the guys behind the company punished in person. Best would be if they never get the chance to reopen a company within the EU.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by 2beers View Post
Hoi Frost!

If you still have that battery - do u wanna keep it?
I just asked e-cell for a full refund.
And - if they do not - i intend to contact ebay & look if i find more buyers like us.
I AT LEAST want this company locked from ebay. Yet i would prefer to have the guys behind the company punished in person. Best would be if they never get the chance to reopen a company within the EU.
Hi there, sorry for the VERY late response but i have been very sick for almost a hole week.

Yes i still have the battery, but mine is in peaces, because im using the PCB from it to test my own homemade setups.

I would like to see company's like e_cell closed for good and the owners not being able to make a new business 5 minutes later.
But i would say that the problem is with EBAY, in my mind they only care about making money, yes they got that money back guarantee, but as far as i can work out the seller is still getting paid so can't see how that helps...

For others out there that wants some help buying from new "places" on EBAY, a good tool is the homepage http://www.toolhaus.org/

-- 2beers
But if you want to do something about it you have my support.

Thanks for the reply.

Imagine - i DID get my money back, after my 2nd email to e-cell, where i mentioned in a not too polite way, what i intend to do.
Furthermore- guess what - they don't even want the batteries back.
Oh and they wrote some bs about "probably a bad stack of batteries"...

I still would want to give them not jost a bad grade but also contact ebay. Yet milady told me i am not supposed to do so... so i gues i will drop this case.

I think u r damn right about ebay. The possibility to "rate" a seller is very lmited AND the problem is the seller can also rate the buyer negative - for no reason at all. Wich is indeed a big problem as many buyers don't dare to give a proper rating.

Guess i'll buy those Batteries from DX mentioned in this thread.
And probably try to sell the e-cells via ebay (yet with the propper 800mAh mentioning).

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
funny until your 600 bucks phone explodes........
Indeed. How often has that been reported by an N900 user on this site? My estimate: zero. Do you think it's sophisticated to report something that either never happens or happens so rarely that it is never reported?

Someone DID report that his battery expanded dangerously once. And I think that problems with Nokia batteries have been reported.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Indeed. How often has that been reported by an N900 user on this site? My estimate: zero. Do you think it's sophisticated to report something that either never happens or happens so rarely that it is never reported?

Someone DID report that his battery expanded dangerously once. And I think that problems with Nokia batteries have been reported.
Well battery exploding happened with Nokia original batt too. I saw on TV couple years ago. It was with the old nokia phone model. The phone got really hot then exploded. After that incident, Nokia started recalling and replacing the batt

Originally Posted by geneven View Post

Exactly if the risk was that high I doubt they would let mobile phones or other devices which can fit rechargable battries on planes..

Originally Posted by andygee View Post
Exactly if the risk was that high I doubt they would let mobile phones or other devices which can fit rechargable battries on planes..

Hmm if for that reason, terrorists would have thought about making battery bomb in phone cell or electronic devices as a disguise.

IIRC, they banned using phones or other electronic devices (with the capability of transmitting/receiving data wirelessly) such as psp, remote control toys etc during taking off and landing because it might jam navigation control.

If you used digital watch, they didn't tell you to turn it off rite? Such restriction is only for such devices.

Last edited by jpurnomosidi; 2010-11-02 at 14:27.