Originally Posted by wganis View Post
oh ok thank for feedback last nite i try with newer image droidkexec boot after that is normal booting , and i really impressive it s like n900 upgrade everything so fast and smooth , thank u for ur effort
You're welcome! More to come -- calls, qt5, proper browser, media player, etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I've been trying to set this up on my Droid 4, but am having a problem that I've not seen anyone else mention...

I'm obviously making a very fundamental mistake, but I just don't get the kexecboot menu appearing at all, and it just boots straight into Android.

I've tried with both an update of Android and without, and all the fastboot commands come back with an OK, and Etcher seems happy with the flash.

But on reboot, nothing different appears. I just get the red moto logo and then it goes into Android.

Any suggestions / advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
Hi,

I've been trying to set this up on my Droid 4, but am having a problem that I've not seen anyone else mention...

I'm obviously making a very fundamental mistake, but I just don't get the kexecboot menu appearing at all, and it just boots straight into Android.

I've tried with both an update of Android and without, and all the fastboot commands come back with an OK, and Etcher seems happy with the flash.

But on reboot, nothing different appears. I just get the red moto logo and then it goes into Android.

Any suggestions / advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

are you sure flash the right file? especially this file "allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin"

because if that file is wrong or you not flash that. some partition cannot be edit. and in results we fail to boot into kexecboot

The Following User Says Thank You to Xsetiadi For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply, but I'm definitely flashing 'VRZ_XT894_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-8_CFC.xml/allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin'.
But after rebooting, the instructions say '...and show kexecboot menu for a few seconds before it boots to Android' and this just doesn't happen for me.
And after preparing the SD with Etcher, the instructions say 'Reboot the device and select Maemo Leste from the kexecboot menu', and again, there's no sign of a menu for me

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I'm definitely flashing 'VRZ_XT894_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-8_CFC.xml/allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin'.
But after rebooting, the instructions say '...and show kexecboot menu for a few seconds before it boots to Android' and this just doesn't happen for me.
And after preparing the SD with Etcher, the instructions say 'Reboot the device and select Maemo Leste from the kexecboot menu', and again, there's no sign of a menu for me

to be clear, after flash allow-mbmloader-flashing.bin you type fastboot reboot-bootloader right ?

and back to fastboot and flash:

sudo fastboot flash bpsw droid4-kexecboot.img
sudo fastboot flash utags utags-mmcblk1p13.bin
sudo fastboot reboot

is that right? because im never fail before.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xsetiadi For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your help. Not sure what I did wrong, but started again, and it's working now

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post: