...and they wonder why there is a sense people don't hear?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Today is exactly one week since my order status turned in to "In Picking" (order #200000419).Still no sign of any tracking number from Jolla or FedEx - complete silence...
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Some people, who need to get the item early, could have decided to get it from a DNA store and be happier that way - had they known in time.
Yes, and Jolla's people are not seers. If they had known in time, they could have averted or lessened the problems.

I'm pretty sure that they would have told this if they had known and figured it out at that time.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
This is my first experience with FedEx. I hope it'll be my last. While it didn't even take them one day to get the phone from Finland to Austria, they are absolutely unable to deliver from Vienna to Vienna. They refused to leave it at my neighbors' as I asked them to yesterday ("personal delivery required, cannot trust neighbors") but left it with complete strangers today who I don't even know and who are not home. FedEx didn't even bother to call me about it, I only found out when I called their customer service. I never thought anything could beat DHL, but FedEx does.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
Yes, and Jolla's people are not seers. If they had known in time, they could have averted or lessened the problems.

I'm pretty sure that they would have told this if they had known and figured it out at that time.
But they did see there was a delay beforehand, they just hoped it would go away. Cybette told us as much, that they didn't want to alarm people. I think they should have alarmed, openness is always the best when it is timely. Had they communicated then and there, when the issues started looming, or communicated like their CEO now does that DNA channel may just be faster for them, people would have had more information to make educated choices or at least more educated guesses.

That's the great part of openness. You don't have to know everything for the recipient, you involve the recipient in the process and let them make decisions with that information. In return, the recipient feels more involved in the process.

What is important to understand here that Jolla's audience at this point isn't the generic public. We are talking about quite knowledgeable people for most part. Giving them info is not the same situation as giving same to the average Joe.

A sense of community, you know.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
Honestly ... All of this is a joke . I am very very disappointed with Jolla.
No communication. No planning. No customer service. No phone.
#200003130 in PAID since November 28 (when I PAID) and I got the email to access the web shop on the 27th ! 0 EUR order in May!

Rome, IT

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
This is my first experience with FedEx. I hope it'll be my last. While it didn't even take them one day to get the phone from Finland to Austria, they are absolutely unable to deliver from Vienna to Vienna. They refused to leave it at my neighbors' as I asked them to yesterday ("personal delivery required, cannot trust neighbors") but left it with complete strangers today who I don't even know and who are not home. FedEx didn't even bother to call me about it, I only found out when I called their customer service. I never thought anything could beat DHL, but FedEx does.
Do not make me fear, package should arrive tomorrow at my old address (which jolla should have change but didn't). Calling Fedex this morning and they will anyway deliver to that address and only if i'm not at this address and so failed to deliver they accept to change address delivery ... ... ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by premnas View Post
Honestly ... All of this is a joke . I am very very disappointed with Jolla.
No communication. No planning. No customer service. No phone.
#200003130 in PAID since November 28 (when I PAID) and I got the email to access the web shop on the 27th ! 0 EUR order in May!

Rome, IT
Yes, your story is unfortunately a good summary: not respecting the pre-order priority (a May order not yet shipped, think of it) and then no communication. Not a good combo.

If it helps at all, some of us do sympathize and feel your frustration. Unfortunately some feel you are whining.

I'm hopeful you get your In Picking and it ships still this week, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
I guess that there are some people here who are actually misunderstanding ... Being enthusiast about a new company like Jolla, loving Linux and so on is actually a GOOD thing.

BUT

This is still business (or at least it should be) , whereas the feeling is like we're dealing with a bunch of amateurs.
A copy and paste email from the saying basically "ok we screwed up and we're sorry about that" is UNACCEPTABLE.
They could at least had done something like giving another TOH for free or something like that ...

Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Yes, your story is unfortunately a good summary: not respecting the pre-order priority (a May order not yet shipped, think of it) and then no communication. Not a good combo.

If it helps at all, some of us do sympathize and feel your frustration. Unfortunately some feel you are whining.

I'm hopeful you get your In Picking and it ships still this week, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to premnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by premnas View Post
They could at least had done something like giving another TOH for free or something like that ...
I think we should not ask free stuff of Jolla, they are startup and we can understand that part. I think most of us do want to support Jolla.

But asking for information and, originally, to respect the pre-order priority - basically to return our respect for them - wouldn't be too much to ask in my opinion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post: