Notices

error while loading shared libraries: libdpl.so:caccont open shared object file: No such file or directory any ideas?(where i can get it)

Originally Posted by LucianoBraga View Post
Yeah. Asphalt5 is an folder mess.

/Home/user/Asphalt5/Asphalt5.

appinfo.json is on /Asphalt5.
Game is on /Asphalt5/Asphalt5.
Yeah I tried that before but was getting parsing errors. For some reason tho it worked fine now. All I did was exit x-terminal and then left it for a while then done it again and it created the icon file fine and also it got rid of the audio lag an is much smoother now!

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
i can play asphalt5 without desktopgen

my steps:

com.gameloft.app.asphalt5 folder in
home/user

1-home/user/com.gameloft.app.asphalt5

2-mkdir -p /home/user/webos/gamesave
ln -s /home/user/webos/gamesave /media/internal
chmod 755 /home/user/webos/gamesave

3-exit xterminal and open new

4-sudo gainroot

cd

1-sudo gainroot

2-cd home/user/com.gameloft.app.asphalt5/Asphalt5/

chmod 755 Asphalt5

3-cd /

4-preenv

5- cd home/user/com.gameloft.app.asphalt5/Asphalt5/

6- ./Asphalt5

speed good but sound slow

i think that this is game because need for speed undercover good speed and sound

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Agreed, shouldn't it the other way around?
Isn't it mean that Maemo5 is a superior OS because it can almost do anything and runs anything from another OS without hesitation?
Don't be fooled: here, WebOS is clearly the superior OS. They made a simple enough API that could be implemented in an afternoon and that is enough to get commercial game developers onboard. That is brilliant, and the N900 has nowhere near such an API (well, until preenv ).

*Note: not saying that WebOS is a superior OS in every other aspect. It is more closed than Maemo, for example (but IMHO more open than Android...).

Also, you might say Qt is such an API, but it is not exactly what I'd call "simple".

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-10-28 at 13:16. Reason: removing double negations

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Don't be fooled: here, WebOS is clearly the superior OS. They made a simple enough API that could be implemented in an afternoon and that is enough to get commercial game developers onboard. That is brilliant, and the N900 has nowhere near such an API (well, until preenv ).

*Note: not saying that WebOS is a superior OS in every other aspect. It is more closed than Maemo, for example (but IMHO more open than Android...).

Also, you might say Qt is such an API, but it is not exactly what I'd call "simple".
I can certainly second this as someone who is a semi-capable programmer, but absolutely useless at compiling/distributing. Coming to Qt and Maemo SDK (well Scratchbox ... boy that wasn't fun) is a massive hurdle I still haven't climbed. I'll just keep writing my C and Assembly and uploading it to my microcontrollers I think...

Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
So now I am looking for a mit of help -- How about n900env!
There's a thread going about all this, and personally I would definitely like to see some n900 apps on WebOS!
The project already exists: it is called http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer. Unfortunately, Maemo is currently transitioning from a Gtk+ based GUI to a Qt based one, so you'll find that you'll be nearly alone in trying to run the Gtk+ applications.
(IMO this is also what is hindering the Maemo/Meego platform: damn API breaks).

Even just free ones, like Fennec, Opera Mobile & skype* would be fantastic to me. I haven't looked at the app list much yet to know what other awesome apps ya'll have that we don't.
You'll quickly find out that there's virtually no useful application there that is not
a) A opensource application (so, port it to WebOS)
b) A proof of concept for something that is soon going to be released onto another platform
Forget about Skype, it's not made by Skype but by Nokia and is more a plugin than an application.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to download apps from the ovistore, maybe we can trade some freeware downloads? More importantly..
Opensource freeware for N900 is available in http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/fremantle/free/ .
Closedsource freeware for N900 is available in
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...ntle/non-free/ .
Closedsource payware applications..... well.

Javier - what do you think the work would be like to do the opposite? Could the stubs all be reversed? I realize there's a minor problem re X11, but we'll work on that..
This is exciting! It'd be cool if Meego+WebOS teamed up, like, on purpose. But for now, this alignment of the stars is pretty rad.
I already got TuxPaint for Maemo to work on a Pre+, so its definitely possible to do the opposite. Thanks in advance for your time/info!
A few things.
Preenv only supports a small subset of Pre applications, namely, those that use the PDK, but are not plugins. Supporting a similar subset from all N900 applications would be trivial, basically because unlike the Pre you'll find out such a subset doesn't use any closed source library at all. In fact, the project would not be to run n900 applications on a Pre, but it would be about running plain GNU/Linux SDL applications on a Pre. As said, trivial! Even Pre engineers would help you out.

As the author of libSDL_gles which many free N900 games use, I can tell you that it very probably runs "as-is" on the Pre. If it doesn't, it can be very wall patched to run over Palm's SDL.

Now, for the difficult part: you want to do more than what Preenv is capable to do. Unlike the Pre, the N900 has a myriad of different toolkits and libraries an application can be using.
- If you want to run applications based on Gtk+Hildon, you would need to check on Mer as said above. Not everything about this toolkit is open, for example, liblocation (pretty much equivalent equivalent to WebOS's com.palm.location service); but Mer's mission was ~ to be "Maemo without the closed components" (Stskeeps is going to kill me).
- If you want to run applications based on Qt, just BUILD Qt for the Pre. THAT would help Meego-N900 crossplatformness.
- [Random other toolkits]

Btw, missing "X11" is not a minor problem at all. I hereby warn you =). Fortunately, you could do "something" by using Xvnc and a libSDL based VNC client. It would be slow, though.

Also, I saw you on IRC asking for the liblocation binary. Note that preenv uses _no_ library from the Pre's ROM. Running the N900's liblocation binary would be a big task while on the other side reimplementing it over com.palm.location services would be trivial. Do the latter.

As an ending thought, what reminded me about the similarities between the N900 and the Pre is that someone ported DrNokSnes to the Pre (another project of mine, btw).

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-10-28 at 13:45.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
I can certainly second this as someone who is a semi-capable programmer, but absolutely useless at compiling/distributing. Coming to Qt and Maemo SDK (well Scratchbox ... boy that wasn't fun) is a massive hurdle I still haven't climbed. I'll just keep writing my C and Assembly and uploading it to my microcontrollers I think...
Well, we disagree there, as I like Scratchbox a lot

What the Pre uses is more similar to MADDE, thought. Much harder for porting GNU stuff, easier for cross-compiling simple applications.

Well, we disagree there, as I like Scratchbox a lot

What the Pre uses is more similar to MADDE, thought. Much harder for porting GNU stuff, easier for cross-compiling simple applications.
My apologies, more so setting up scratchbox and having it do something even slightly functional was a massive hurdle :P Once I did manage to get it working how I liked, university started again and left me with no free time to play.

Ps. On a more topic related matter, I'm getting:
CINEMA: GStreamer Pipeline Error: Resource not found.

As such black screen instead of video. I was under the impression you simply hadn't implement this, but other user logs lead me to believe otherwise. On an almost virgin device and am wondering which GStreamer library I'm missing (Grabbed the few I thought relevant but it didn't help) and also should this be added as a dependency?

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
As such black screen instead of video. I was under the impression you simply hadn't implement this, but other user logs lead me to believe otherwise.
The error message is telling you that the file the game is trying to play is missing; the filename should appear a few lines earlier.

It is implemented in 0.1.1. There's a bug where calling CIN_DeInit then _Init again will hang, but that's fixed in 0.1.2 .

The error message is telling you that the file the game is trying to play is missing; the filename should appear a few lines earlier.

It is implemented in 0.1.1. There's a bug where calling CIN_DeInit then _Init again will hang, but that's fixed in 0.1.2 .
Now that would certainly make more sense. The file is definitely there though, probably a permissions thing (ext2 drivers for windows really screw with permissions). Or not...

SDLGL: called sdl_init with flags = 0x100030
X11: PID is 1635
PDL: Init: Service name is com.javispedro.preenv.Assassins
PDL: Screen dimming prevention ON
PDL: Switch orientation to 3
PDL: Music is playing
SDLGL: Requested GL major version 1
SDLGL: SDL_GLES initialized (res=0)
SDLGL: Ignoring doublebuffer preference
SDLGL: Requested GL minor version 1 (ignored)
SDLGL: Called SetVideoMode(320, 480, 0, 0x80000002)
SDLGL: Requested OpenGL video mode
SDLGL: Asked if video mode 800x480x16 (0x90000000) is ok
CINEMA: Init; window xid is 0x1c0000c
CINEMA: Will play "file://AC/assassins/assassins_Iphone.mp4"
CINEMA: Start playing now
CINEMA: GStreamer Pipeline Error: Resource not found.

With:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4163556 Oct 25 23:09 assassins_Iphone.mp4
and
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4163556 Oct 25 23:09 assassins_Iphone.mp4
and
-rwxr-xr-x 1 user root 4163556 Oct 25 23:09 assassins_Iphone.mp4

Running from SSH (or terminal as user) results in black screen. Running from the icon results in black screen (get this) with audio x.x.

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos