Notices

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have an N810 with a 16GB microSD in the external slot.

Canola (latest from extras) has developed a nasty habit of failing to see the external card. When I go into any of the folders to mark for scanning, I can only choose from the internal flash (audio, images) or the 2GB internal flash. It does not show the external card at all.

This is now the third time this has happened randomly, and the sonly solution is to rip Canola off using the cleanup tool, and reinstall and setup a new install. which is a total pain, as I need to re-enter podcast, videocast, and Internet Radio URLs.

Rebooting, and removing the card does not solve the issue, and the card and files/folders are visible to everything else.

any ideas before I file a bug report?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
I remember reading somewhere that you needed to do some tweaking before using cards larger than 8GB.

Try searching around on the old Internet Tablet Talk site.

Also, can you/could you see the 16GB microSD in File Manager? (thus proving or disproving the statement above).
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
I remember reading somewhere that you needed to do some tweaking before using cards larger than 8GB.

Try searching around on the old Internet Tablet Talk site.

Also, can you/could you see the 16GB microSD in File Manager? (thus proving or disproving the statement above).
Yup, I can see the card in file manager, and everything else can see it Ok. It is just that Canola does not. Searched this site and Google to no avail. Only fix I have found so far is to rip everything Canola off using canola-cleanup and reinstall, but restoring the old DB breaks it, and with a new DB I have to re enter all my URLS and redownload podcasts etc

As this has happened 3 times now with this latest version, I may just cut my losses and use media player. Only issue is that I will have to use wired 'phones instead of bluetooth.
I like Canola as it is fairly quick and has a quick way to play the entire library randomly, but this is starting to p*** me off now.

Hmm. It seems so long ago that I used OS2008.

Has this happened with Canola2 Beta (versions prior to 2.0.0)?

But then again, a bunch of features were introduced in 2.0.0.

You could shoot the developer a PM (http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=53), and see what he has to say.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Filed a bug report, but I'll not hold my breath.

I'm a bit of an N810 diehard, partly cos a N900 is out of reach, but I like the larger screen. The Wife has an N97 with the same size screen as the N900 (different resolution though) and it seems tiny compared with my N8x0s. It's a shame that the backporting seems to be stalling, as the810 has so much unused potential.

I totally agree with you, but at the moment, I think there's only one developer working on Canola, and Canola's a pretty big project.

Have you tried Mediabox? (not sure if it has podcast/stream support though)

Yea I keep having a bash with Mediabox, but always struggle with the interface. Also I tend to just stick my library on random, and there is no easy way to do that in Mediabox. You have to create a playlist, and the whole thing takes so much longer than Canola or Mediaplayer.

Youamp is quite cool as a backup though, although on my tablet at least it is a lot quieter than anything else, which I think is something to do with gain on the Mp3s.