Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
It has now been 1 full day since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfillment centers). Has anybody seen any shipping notification yet? Because I haven't. Wondering when that will change, I hope soon.
It has now been 2 full days since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfillment centers). They have also claimed since that they have shipped on the 29th. We also now know that this first batch (which is already a "relatively small proportion of all orders") only had a "very small quantity" of Asian shipments (compared to the total shipments), which wouldn't have another step in between and would be the only shipments that would have a shipment notification. Has anybody seen any shipping notification yet? Because I haven't. Wondering when that will change, I hope soon. This small amount of Asian shipments seems like a good excuse for why there are no shipment notifications in the wild, it's also deceptive and not really what they implied. The other shipments from this first batch would get their phones next week at the earliest. Anything after next week I'd consider mid November by the way, after the 10th.

There's also been another delay, in that "most of the pre-orders will be completed until the end of November." which used to be mid-November, and that "general availability" will be "in December" which used to be late November. So an average delay of 10 days depending on what you think is mid or late November. Of course, no official notification about this, in fact "Since the update above (Adrian's video of shipping on the 29th), the information hasn't changed."

EDIT: Most of this info is from Erik, who just said that he generally doesn't have more info than the publicly available info. So, we basically know nothing still aside from speculation.

Last edited by Shirabe; 2019-11-01 at 12:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Calm down!
There is zero evidence that the Pro1 devices has been produced at all!
Just relax and wait to see what happens next.
And if we never get the "thing" to our hands, you can cheer up yourself with the fact that the author of this posting was as stupid and gullible as you were

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Damn guys, I tell you something...

This night I dreamed about typing on my Pro1 in the bus. So...

The Following User Says Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
It would deserve a movie if this would be a hoax. And a very deep hole for a hiding place. The amount of money put on this stuff. All the devices already manufactured people have seen. All the public showcases etc. and giving it to be tested and advertized. If you count the time spent on all this plus the costs I doubt that they would make such a big profit with the preorders that it would pay off.

Powerful is the imagination. Presuppotions are bad compasses for the mind. Stigma is easy to give, hard to take back. Sticks much longer on the one who have falsely stamp it on someone than the one stamped.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Sorry if the e) option hurt. Yes there was a tone on it but not a hard tone. Just a slight.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Which are you:

a) a linux enthusiast and developer

b) a geek (and linux enthusiast)

c) a hacker shifting from N900 to a new qwerty device

d) a privacy concerned citizen

e) a mere consumer in a rush for a new device?

Waiting is painfull and the time when you follow it get's longer.
Can I be an "abcd"? I like that better than my Myers-Briggs horoscope letters.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I thought I read Erik say the first batch is a small one and the second batch going out mid November will cover the majority of the pre-orders. They aim to have all pre-orders covered before December which is when general availability will start
Really feels like another delay without officially announcing it as such...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Sorry if the e) option hurt. Yes there was a tone on it but not a hard tone. Just a slight.
It didn't hurt anyone. What I said is just the truth.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
@Maemish - "Kanada!"

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
@Maemish - "Kanada!"
TETSUOOO!

10char

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit