Originally Posted by lilith View Post
So all the problem (in my case) was due to the accidental removal of a set of packages that should never be removed from your N810.
I have the exact same issue as you; but I don't know what to do either.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Then you removed osso-software-version and need to reinstall it.
Interesting. What installs are known to do this since I know I didn't rm it myself.

I assume it takes a reflash to fix?

Is nokia not going to produce anymore OS Flashes? I know SSU is supposed to solve all the need for flashing, but if it breaks, its simpler just to have a Flash .bin to restore. There is nothing in the tablets.dev.nokia.com site except 23-14 and the chinook files.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Last edited by combatdoc; 2008-08-12 at 18:47.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
Interesting. What installs are known to do this since I know I didn't rm it myself.
Removing anything that osso-software-version depends on.

Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
I assume it takes a reflash to fix?
For N800:
Code:
apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34
For N810:
Code:
apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I tried the update, it started the install and got no message, so I assumed it was complete. I manually rebooted, but it still shows the old version. I checked my installed apps and the OS2008 Feature upgrade is listed with status: broken and I can't uninstall it. Any ideas?

Rane the apt-get, and just FYI rx44 is no longer available:

Package osso-software-version-rx44 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
osso-software-version-unlocked
E: Package osso-software-version-rx44 has no installation candidate
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

thanks to GeneralAntilles. All I did was run apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44 and then rebooted and then everything worked great

All,

Have you noticed an extended 'hiss' noise(it last about 1 to 2 seconds) after the standard 'tick' sound whenever you interacts(eg. select item) with the touch screen?

I did not hear this 'hiss' before and I had the same sound configuration before the reflash. Is this a bug? It is no big deal, but I guess it would reduce battery life, since it still takes some juice to generate the noise

I have 'level 1' for all the sounds level configuration on the unit. I have N800. I flashed the unit to Diabio and then did the SSU update.

Cheers,

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
All,

Have you noticed an extended 'hiss' noise(it last about 1 to 2 seconds) after the standard 'tick' sound whenever you interacts(eg. select item) with the touch screen?

I did not hear this 'hiss' before and I had the same sound configuration before the reflash. Is this a bug? It is no big deal, but I guess it would reduce battery life, since it still takes some juice to generate the noise

I have 'level 1' for all the sounds level configuration on the unit. I have N800. I flashed the unit to Diabio and then did the SSU update.

Cheers,
on my N800 i have noticed it since around chinook so its nothing new. most likely its some kind of amplifier issues, in other words hardware...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
on my N800 i have noticed it since around chinook so its nothing new. most likely its some kind of amplifier issues, in other words hardware...

But my unit did not produce such 'noise' before. I had both Chinook and then Diablo before my latest round of reflash.

Cheers,

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
But my unit did not produce such 'noise' before. I had both Chinook and then Diablo before my latest round of reflash.

Cheers,
are you sure? or could it be that you just didnt notice because of a noisy environment? i hardly notice it if there is any kind of other noise in the room (people talking, music, tv, anything like that).

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update