I have a nokia n810, and began to run out of space to install applications so I decided to try to boot from my internal memory card.
After saving the .deb to my flash memory and then installing it, I still do not know if my n810 is booting from my internal memory card, now the flash memory is exactly the same but my 2gb internal card only shows a total size of 119.7mb. When I try to install applications it still says there is no space
I need some help correcting this or knowing whats actually happened to my n810.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by jackdoor View Post
I have a nokia n810, and began to run out of space to install applications so I decided to try to boot from my internal memory card.
After saving the .deb to my flash memory and then installing it, I still do not know if my n810 is booting from my internal memory card, now the flash memory is exactly the same but my 2gb internal card only shows a total size of 119.7mb. When I try to install applications it still says there is no space
I need some help correcting this or knowing whats actually happened to my n810.
what deb did you install and on what os (see below) are you running?

Menu > Settings > Control Panel > "About product"
What "Version:" are you running
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I installed instal tools from your site and im running version 5.2008.43-7.

Also when my n810 boots a man starts talking about how he says linux.

I installed instal tools from your site and im running version 5.2008.43-7.
Install Tools is not supported on 43-7 and above.

Use Console Tools

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=25714
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Will using console tools undo what install tools has done.

How can I undo the partion that install tools made and start again with console tools.

How can I undo the partion that install tools made and start again with console tools.

Just use console tools, you dont need to undo anything

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:

Tags
boot, card, clone, confused