Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why no OTA updates?
got a device and wanna help? i need someone to test the latest build community build and my X is my daily driver

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
got a device and wanna help? i need someone to test the latest build community build and my X is my daily driver
Will that be sent over the air or why do you ask?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
I suspect the access to the proprietary apps repos (aliendalvik & xt9) are restricted / allowed based on your Jolla Account (but didn't test that).

I added the mer-tools repo manually to receive sudo (for WiFi switching). Also, does someone knows what the disabled "home" repo is supposed to be?
Thanks. I added the repos with ssu ar, and there doesn't seem to be a way to force them to be global. Adaptation0 and adaptation1 get mangled, they are OK in /etc/ssu/ssu.ini but ssu repos lists them as
adaptation0 ... https://releases.jolla.com/releases/...tion-/armv7hl/
adaptation1 ... https://releases.jolla.com/releases/...tion-/armv7hl/

A test install of Here We Go (and apkd) gives an error message of missing dependency libsystemsettings.so.0
In /usr/lib
libsystemsettings.so.1 -> libsystemsettings.so.1.0.0
libsystemsettings.so.1.0 -> libsystemsettings.so.1.0.0
libsystemsettings.so.1.0.0
linking libsystemsettings.so.0 -> libsystemsettings.so.1.0.0 doesn't work, neither does copying the file from Jolla 1.

pkcon search name libsystemsettings
Installed jolla-settings-system-0.11.66.1-10.90.2.jolla.armv7hl System settings plugin
Available jolla-settings-system-0.12.5-10.89.1.jolla.armv7hl System settings plugin
Installed nemo-qml-plugin-systemsettings-0.2.29.1-1.38.1.armv7hl System settings plugin for Nemo Mobile
Available nemo-qml-plugin-systemsettings-0.2.32-1.37.1.armv7hl System settings plugin for Nemo Mobile

The "home" repository is a placeholder.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...atest_armv7hl/
"The repository is just there because it's config is prepared in /etc/ssu/ssu.ini as an example how a home repo could be configured and how to use variables in the config. Honeybadger is just a placeholder value of the %(user) variable, for an user name."

Last edited by Ahti30708; 2017-11-03 at 08:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ahti30708 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why no OTA updates?
Jolla have stated that since 2.1.3.7 is only released for early adopters regular Sailfish X users have to wait until 2.1.3 is released to all to get the update OTA.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Hi, X here available for testing, still on the N900 as daily driver

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Regular X works, the X dual sim also works with a couple of tweaks.

The Compact should have a community build soon and you can probably buy the official X version and use the paid features with it.

You're the first person I've seen mention the Performance and it's a completely different chipset so probably best to avoid it for now...
Thanks for this info

My J1 just had a crack on the screen (but it's working fine for now). I think I'll need to change my phone sooner than I was expecting, so I'm trying to make up all the news I missed in the Maemo/Sailfish world since last year, and I'm looking at the Xperia which is the best (only?) available option to buy right now.

If I understand what I read, only the dual-sim has 64GB flash and a micro-sd slot ? I don't need 2 sims (I have only one contract), but I'd really prefer 64GB and a micro-sd slot.

What are the tweaks needed to make the dual-sim run with Sailfish X ? Are there any statements about planning to bring official support for the dual-sim version ?

The Following User Says Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
Thanks for this info

If I understand what I read, only the dual-sim has 64GB flash and a micro-sd slot ? I don't need 2 sims (I have only one contract), but I'd really prefer 64GB and a micro-sd slot.
Yes and No:
Yes, only the Dual-Sim has 64 GB
No to: only the Dual-Sim has Micro-SD Slot. That's also there on the normal one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n-mi View Post
What are the tweaks needed to make the dual-sim run with Sailfish X?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1061

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
If you only plan on using one sim and the SD you won't need the tweaks and the official image will work for you already. Not sure why they haven't made it official...
Without the tweak my F5122 did not recognise any sim cards in any of the slots

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Without the tweak my F5122 did not recognise any sim cards in any of the slots
That's a pretty good reason not to make it official! Noted and inaccurate post deleted...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x