Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Yeah, that happened to me too, but fortunately I was using root on SD, so I just booted up to internal, chrooted into my SD, and reverted things until I found the problem.

You can use something like this (which I used to use in my ABL install script for setting up sudoers):

Code:
check=`grep "/lib/dsp/modules/sbcenc.cmd" /lib/dsp/dsp_dld_avs.conf`
if [ "x$check" != "x" ]
then
	echo "DSP SBC task is set up, good to go..."
else
	echo "Setting up DSP SBC task..."
	printf "%s\t\t%s\t\t%s\t%s\t%s\n" "sbcenc" "_task_sbcenc" "1" "/lib/dsp/modules/sbcenc.o" "/lib/dsp/modules/sbcenc.cmd" >> /lib/dsp/dsp_dld_avs.conf
fi

The Following User Says Thank You to rm_you For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
New version is released and on the Garage page, please let me know how it works when you decouple the DSP & ARM speeds (see instructions in the Release Notes) to let the ARM run at 400MHz while encoding the audio on the DSP (at 133MHz).
Kudos on the great work! It seems to work very well and even reduce dropouts due to CPU lag (Like in Canola). I have only one request: can you incorporate the 48MHz SD card speed patch into the kernel you've released? I immediately noticed the slowdown after rebooting.

Thanks again-
Larry

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I already done that (guess by the filename :P):
http://www.ageofikon.info/zImage-qwe...337-qwertyp!mp

Rotation, 48Mhz mmc & the sbc/dvfs patch.
Thx to rm_you for hosting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for compiling that qwerty

I'll sort out the installation script this evening when I get back to my Linux box (thanks rm_you).

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Dumb question, but I'm not much of an audiophila I'm using insignia ns-bthdp Stereo Bluetooth headphones that also double as a headset for my phone. Do I get any benefit for applying this hack or is it only if you don't already get sound?

Also how do I set this up if I have 2 different headphones (one in car, one at work)

Last edited by CyberCowboy; 2008-07-17 at 21:18.

Practically all, if not all, A2DP sets support HSP as well, so they already work in HSP mode. You should be able to gain, but not sure on the different headphones. Not sure anyone rich enough to have two A2DP sets is trying it yet.

Hehe Benson I don't know about rich, I was able to pick these up for about $20 each on-line. I guess this is my chance to give back to the community.

I'm trying to run install_sbcenc.sh, but I can't seem to gain permission to do so. I've installed becomeroot and am able to run sudo gainroot to become root in my xterm. I then look type ls -l install_sbcenc.sh and I notice there are no execution priviliges. So, I type chmod 777 ./install_sbcenc.sh, but there are no changes in the priviliges - it is still reads:

-rw-r--r-- 1 user root 1274 Jul17 11:26 install_sbcenc.sh

Could this be because I created the directory /media/mmc2/Downloads on my internal media card as user?

Anyway, when I type ./install_sbcenc.sh, I get the response: Permission denied. (No surprise)

It's been a (really long) while since I've used unix, so I'm a bit rusty. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there any rhyme or reason to the directories using the built in file manager (where I can see the directory Downloads) and where they're located in file system in the xterm? (Right now Downloads is at /media/mmc2/Downloads)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
honzik: two problems. First, your mmc2 is probably formatted vfat, so it does not have a concept of file permissions, really, as the filesystem does not support them.

Second, it is probably mounted with the noexec option. Try unpacking the files in your home directory, you should be able to run them from there just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm_you For This Useful Post:
Thank you rm_you! I did what you mentioned, and the install script worked just fine.

I've got another question, if you don't mind. I'm at the point where I need to use the flasher. I've read the instructions at maemo, but it appears to me that I'm going to be out of luck, because I'm not running linux on my pc, just (sorry to say) windows.

Is there a procedure that I could use that would enable me to flash the zImage that Simon provided?