Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
From the comments, the direct mail address of Michael has been given, with a tip that its domain looks like dead. It is accessible but with the following (google translated) error message:

Looking through archive.org, it looks like it has been that way since somewhere between the 10th of November 2016 and the 26th of April 2017, so not something new:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161110...letech.com:80/

Also, I found another Youyota project on Indiegogo that I don't remember : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/y...-keyboard-pc#/
The project is closed without any backing. Not sure if it was opened at some time though. Expected delivery of this one was November 2017, so could have been opened around the same time as the tablet.
If you put "www.' at the beginning of the website, it looks fine (if a bit slow from Europe). The link that works is http://www.xmobiletech.com/ and the "link" that is quoted on the IGG comments as not working is just the domain name xmobiletech.com

The usual domain tools like https://who.is/ indicate that the domain is valid until September 2018

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Also, I found another Youyota project on Indiegogo that I don't remember : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/y...-keyboard-pc#/
The project is closed without any backing. Not sure if it was opened at some time though. Expected delivery of this one was November 2017, so could have been opened around the same time as the tablet.
Yes I am also aware and I was speachless.

If I were involved with Youyota I would try to stop this from happening, they even mis-spelled Ubuntu to Ubantu.

Before the launch of the Youyota campaign I was hoping that I could help Youyota on the communication, and make this project manageable like the Livermorium project myself with Moto. I tried this way when it was started.

I left after the IGG campaign because I could not control them on the progress because I did not control the funds. Unlike Livermorium, I give money and order to the factory doing ABC and I have right to control it. But with Youyota I have no legal ability to follow the progress and there is no way for me to supervise them as I don't control a penny of it.

Hence I spilt from them, and can only follow / check as much as I can, and trust them doing what they promised, but they can also choose to ignore me.

The second campaign by them seem to me that they are over-excited with crowdfunding.

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
@chenliangchen, would you be able to share more info on the amount of costs of parts? Or where to look them up?
I didn't know the exact number either, but I calculate this way: If the cost is $150 each device, then it's $450K for 3K units. Even if it's just $100 per unit, (which is not likely) that's at least $300K. That's still around $150K needed.

I also contributed on behalf of Livermorium. So we are on the same boat.

Originally Posted by john_god View Post
@chenliangchen I'm developing a rpg game where there's a mobile factory in a burning plataform in the midle of the ocean. A small boat tries to save the phones from drowning in the ocean with all the explosions in the factory (I'm not joking, I already have some game levels fully working). I was thinking about adding a level where 2 heros from the resistance, Chen and Mike, try to push for new tablet devices, to help ease the sadden people by the lack of good comunication devices. I hope it's ok with you, I will not be using real names. The only problem I have now it's that the Youyota tablet delivery seems to be failling, not sure if I shoould axe that level.
Very interesting... Can you make Chen was shot dead in the middle of their journey...

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
But theres also the third way; that the success of the campaign on IGG was not as big as expected; and therefore the funding would not have been enough. Tho I think this is still possible; it's VERY gray/shady territory, which gives lead to alot of different possible scenarios, including scamming ones.
From my understanding it's not enough funding to support production + they don't know what to say.

I have also contributed to the production as I said, much much more than any of the backers. I am not less frustrated than any of you, I also doing my way fight for my bits back. Livermorium is still very small, but we are not as what we were last year.

So cheer up, the battle hasn't ended and we haven't lost it yet. There were lots of fights from the behind. And regardless of various actions, I don't think there will be a financial lost in the end. I am doing my way to make it a positive end for the community. And (unlike Youyota) I do keep promises.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-04-02 at 16:04.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
The reason I personally did not back it was due to obscure funding campaign. The low initial target suggests project has all in hands (factory, blueprints, parts even perhaps) and needed campaign just to support assembly. However that means they should have working prototype - shouldn't be a problem to assembly something for themselves to ensure it all works together. However there was none (only renderings). So my position is to wait till at least single working sample and only then back it. As it stands - there's still none.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
(...) So my position is to wait till at least single working sample and only then back it. As it stands - there's still none.
Similar here. I never really wanted a tablet as device (I am still not really sure what would be its use in my daylife), however, I backed Jolla back in time because of the excitement about their sail. I was hesitating whether I should back Youyota but then decided to wait if it really happens. I can imagine there are more of us, who would be happy to throw a few $$$ into the pot, but, after the previous experience with "Tablet-gate", there is a bit of bad smell in the air. And the presentation of Youyota wasn't really trustworthy.

Thinking about this a bit more, I guess Chen / Livermorium has an advantage here: the current qwerty-modo-mod can put some trusty points on his side. Also, the initial bet for the mod wasn't that high, so, it was easier to convince myself to "gamble" with his project. Also for me personally, quite some time ago I did buy tohkbd2 from Chen (which I have almost forgotten about :-D ), so, the chance there is a "real human being" behind his nickname is much higher. No personal offense meant here, but with the internet entities one can never tell for sure (hello, Dave999 (: ).

Anyways, I wish good luck to both Youyota and Livermorium. It would be nice to hear more current statuses, even if they are not positive. Understand that the time should be spent mainly on the projects themselves and not the PR, but, if they enter a "panic-mode", maybe they should reconsider [ If the situation is that it basically seems like there won't be any result at the end, is still anyone buying claims like "we work hard on tablet, don't have time to report" ?]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
It looks like Jolla was right to never endorse this product, they never even mentioned it. In hindsight, they were right.

Cheng, I invested in this because based on the response here you have a good reputation in this community. In the first messages and during the initial crowdfunding you did not not in any way make clear you are separate from these people. If you would have said: these are some people I don't really know and they have a cool idea that's risky and might work, but I'm not part of their company: I probably would not have funded. Why did you not make this clear from the outset?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So is the campaign officially over? Sad, but expected. The background story was too good to be true.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So is the campaign officially over? Sad, but expected. The background story was too good to be true.
What was the background story?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
It looks like Jolla was right to never endorse this product, they never even mentioned it. In hindsight, they were right.

Cheng, I invested in this because based on the response here you have a good reputation in this community. In the first messages and during the initial crowdfunding you did not not in any way make clear you are separate from these people. If you would have said: these are some people I don't really know and they have a cool idea that's risky and might work, but I'm not part of their company: I probably would not have funded. Why did you not make this clear from the outset?
@Pim:

I want to let you know that put my invest much more than any backer do, when they tried to produce 3K back to a few months ago. I believed myself.

I am as frustrated as you, and I have to fight back.

There is a lot things I can't tell publicly, the fact is things did not go wrong in one day or shortly, it's a gradual process.I did my best trying to make it to the right direction, including my own investment, but wasn't successful.

But to me you comment to Jolla feels like you are praising a doctor for not giving a patient medicine, and after he died "look, I was right not giving him any, he would die anyway"

So please send your frustration to Youyota. I'm here to let you be assured that I am not going to vanish and I will do my way to get things back, not only for my invest, but for your trust.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Thinking about this a bit more, I guess Chen / Livermorium has an advantage here: the current qwerty-modo-mod can put some trusty points on his side. Also, the initial bet for the mod wasn't that high, so, it was easier to convince myself to "gamble" with his project. Also for me personally, quite some time ago I did buy tohkbd2 from Chen (which I have almost forgotten about :-D ), so, the chance there is a "real human being" behind his nickname is much higher. No personal offense meant here, but with the internet entities one can never tell for sure (hello, Dave999 (: ).
Yes if you follow Livermorium news that we are official Mod partner with Lenovo / Moto, and we presented at CES and also showed product at MWC. This wouldn't go wrong. Besides Livermorium is also doing a future project that I believe everyone in this community will be excited with. (And what's even better there will be no more crowdfunding)

What I wanted to say in previous post is I will continue supporting community on this Youyota issue on personal side, and on behalf of Livermorium side as well.

I have already forgot that's you bought the TOHKBD I put a lot of insulation tape on the keypad PCBA

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Similar here. I never really wanted a tablet as device (I am still not really sure what would be its use in my daylife)
There is no use for tablets (as the term is understood today - of course, back in the day the N900 and its predecessors were called tablets). I've never wanted any tablet, not even a Sailfish one. For me there is no space that it can occupy between a 5"+ screen smartphone and a laptop. They have no added benefit to offer. So, I never backed Jolla's tablet, and I sure as hell was never going to back this one.

Incidentally, the only device I've ever "backed" in my life was the Neo900. More than 4 years later, I still don't have it in my hand. But I've never cried about it, like some people do Dave999.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os