Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
could please someone post the unaltered content of
Code:
cat /sys/devices/soc.0/1c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/governor
from Jolla C?

I set it to performance but did not store the original content.

REASON:
I think to have a major bug on 2.0.3.11.
Every ended call crashes the Phone completely for me.

The govenor is the only thing i changed, everything else is stock , no patchmanager installed.

And on the brighter side, is it a change in 2.0.3.11 that after a call ends, the last active app is now brought up front again?
I was navigating and got a call. after it ended the navi came up again but crashes do to above described bug.

EDIT, ok it is "msm-adreno-tz", found the file i backuped it to.
Code:
msm-adreno-tz
Ops, so your updated reply later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Thanks LL and anidel, yes i found the text file i had open on my desktop in the same seconds you posted, too many virtual desktops

But that did not change the behaviour.

A call comes in, if i accept and talk, the whole phone freezes after i hung up
If i let it ring until the other side hangs up, Freeze.

Only if i silence and then reject the call, all stays fine.

During some tests i found out that the sim in second sim slot does only work for data, even when i deativate Sim1 in settings, calls to sim2 number are not shown. may be related.

What to do now, anybody with the same experience?
I do not want to be flamed again for testing unreleased versions and report bugs that propably do not exist in final early access anyway.

But it could be usefull to not try recovery or updating again so the bug can be investigated imho. Where to report?

EDIT: i asked in Jolla C thread but due to unofficial version it is more fitting to further discuss in 2.0.3.11 thread i think.

EDIT, problem solved, was related to rockpool, not system version

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-22 at 13:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Thanks LL and anidel, yes i found the text file i had open on my desktop in the same seconds you posted, too many virtual desktops

But that did not change the behaviour.

A call comes in, if i accept and talk, the whole phone crashes after i hung up
If i let it ring until the other side hangs up, crash.

Only if i silence and then reject the call, all stays fine.

During some tests i found out that the sim in second sim slot does only work for data, even when i deativate Sim1 in settings, calls to sim2 number are not shown. may be related.

What to do now, anybody with the same experience?
I do not want to be flamed again for testing unreleased versions and report bugs that propably do not exist in final early access anyway.

But it could be usefull to not try recovery or updating again so the bug can be investigated imho. Where to report?

EDIT: i asked in Jolla C thread but due to unofficial version it is more fitting to further discuss in 2.0.3.11 thread i think.
removed, replying on the other thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Jolla C battery life so far has been excellent compared to the Jolla phone.
Performance wise, it's been a great improvement too. It is much snappier.
Haven't played much (waiting for weekend), but my experience is opposite -- battery drops faster, I don't see any performance improvement (ie. faster scrolling, opening apps, overall performance feeling), have installed android support and use c:geo for geocaching with offline maps -- scrolling and zooming offline maps are waaay faster on J1. Jolla C also don't find my position while inside (SIM inserterd, GPS on, option for A-GPS on).

The only area I can confirm that Jolla C is faster is startup

I also can't install slovenian keyboard from OpenRepos, it depends on "keyboard-custom-common package" which is not found

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Does it really miss the gyro and compass, or is it simply a matter of drivers?
No way to know for sure.

In the meanwhile I've noticed that aliendalvik seems to pass a fixed "0 deg." compass reading to Android programs rather than a "missing compass" value. Annoying.

After playing a bit with it...

The performance under Gentoo/XFCE chroot is just slightly slower than the SbJ, so that's good. The extra cores do help when compiling.

I can't find a difference in performance with the builtin apps; even the browser seems to take exactly the same time for rendering than the Sbj. Why would it be different? The cores are slightly slower, the eMMC seems to have almost identical performance, and I never had problems with RAM on the Sbj (at this point, I am running XFCE AND the sailfish-browser and I still have 1GB free, including caches).

ext4 is surprisingly _much_ more performing on the eMMC, though, so booting is a lot quicker.
However, separate / and /home partitions??????? Optification is back?

Sunlight readability slightly improved, albeit today it was slightly cloudy here.

Last edited by javispedro; 2016-07-22 at 13:16.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
is it just me or when clicking on a link in a mail for example, the browser now open a new tab each time ( keeping already opened tabs intact )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
@r0kk3rz, yes, the carousel has three screens on aqua fish - home, events and gaana (a music streaming platform) And that is an android app there! I hoped to see a natively developed Gaana app at least, although I will seldom use it. It is like a big frozen cover occupying a whole screen. It becomes active only if that special cover is selected by touching. To add to the frustration, ads keep cycling if i run gaanainto . That is expected behaviour though!

@mosen, removable? I'll be much interested to give that a try. Couldn't find the option to uninstall gaana, the app is hidden everwhere else!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
is it just me or when clicking on a link in a mail for example, the browser now open a new tab each time ( keeping already opened tabs intact )
Yes, this is new behaviour since SFOS 2.0.2.x

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Haven't played much (waiting for weekend), but my experience is opposite -- battery drops faster, I don't see any performance improvement (ie. faster scrolling, opening apps, overall performance feeling), have installed android support and use c:geo for geocaching with offline maps -- scrolling and zooming offline maps are waaay faster on J1. Jolla C also don't find my position while inside (SIM inserterd, GPS on, option for A-GPS on).
For me applications launch a bit faster than on J1, most dramatic speed up is for launching camera. Of course it's hard to say if it's because of the OS version, as my J1 is on older version. Overall I'm very pleased with Jolla C and it is definite improvement compared to J1 for my use cases. I can't comment on battery as I have not had enough experience. My gut feeling is that it's at least as good as on J1.

For improving performance, you might want to try setting governor to performance as per this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=742

With that, I notice performance improvement in many parts of the UI and haven't noticed battery drainage due to it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lal View Post
@mosen, removable? I'll be much interested to give that a try. Couldn't find the option to uninstall gaana, the app is hidden everwhere else!
It should be visible as Ganaa in Aptoide or any other Android Store
If that is somehow not the case, ask Narender Singh on "Jolla Pioneer Fans". He succesfully did it.
Attached Images

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-22 at 14:10. Reason: removed gibbrish

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os