I installed, renamed as you said and worked like miracle.
But I did update (because don't having updates is worse that walking trough my bad neigborhood and shouting that you hate local soccer club)

And login form doesn't appear.
Any protips on that?
I may login trough terminal
I would even throw out the xfce4 because I am not fan of it and I would install lxde.

Originally Posted by m46 View Post
I installed, renamed as you said and worked like miracle.
But I did update (because don't having updates is worse that walking trough my bad neigborhood and shouting that you hate local soccer club)

And login form doesn't appear.
Any protips on that?
I may login trough terminal
I would even throw out the xfce4 because I am not fan of it and I would install lxde.
Me too ! I changed default-desktop-manager to terminal , and startx ,but the Y-axis was reversed ,and system shut down in 3 seconds, although I renamed shutdown to _shutdown_ .

why ?

The Following User Says Thank You to hood2000 For This Useful Post:
Does anybody know the solution, or img with different distro to use it meanwhile?

it seems everyone is having a different problem with the image

Originally Posted by hood2000 View Post
Me too ! I changed default-desktop-manager to terminal , and startx ,but the Y-axis was reversed ,and system shut down in 3 seconds, although I renamed shutdown to _shutdown_ .

why ?
You can prevent shutdown by renaming halt xD.

Anyway downside of it, it's that you have to remove battery every time when you don't want it.

Also i think that might installing another login manager instead lightdm might work too but all of these solutions are useless while we have to suffer with reversed axis
EDIT:
Well, I installed lxdm and lxde instead xfce…
And…IT WORKS!
(I purged xfce4 and lightdm, I also don't know if you even need lxdm, because I just log with startx)
I don't even know that I had to rename halt
But the axis is still inverted

Last edited by m46; 2016-09-25 at 02:32.

So major issue at now is inverted axis.

It seem to be something with xinput configuration, I would check it today, but I have work to do

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I've seen the inverted axis issue when booting Debian. It's a regression that's caused by the kernel and seems to come and go depending on the kernel version. It should be fixable by changing the SwapAxes option of InputClass in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
The issue was present in the last kernel that I tried, v4.7-rc4-n900 from Pali's tree, but it worked fine in v4.0-rc1-n900. If you need to build another kernel and you're unfamiliar with the process, the kernel build script from DebiaN900 (see my signature) should help. It builds a deb package which should be installable on Kali.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
It doesn't work.
Was 0, tried 1 and nothing :/

I also commented out, and nothing.
Do you may know what it may be?

Also I have feeling (but I am not sure) that approx 1 second after starting x, the axis isn't inverted.

And well, about debian - do you know what directly packet for compiling on arm it may be?Because I tried to compile debian, but it still wants some toolchain or something, and I am pretty sad, because (I know it sounds insane) i bought that nokia lately just for this distros, and I don't care much about maemo :P

Last edited by m46; 2016-09-26 at 02:47.

Anybody has find the solution?

Originally Posted by m46 View Post
It doesn't work.
Was 0, tried 1 and nothing :/

I also commented out, and nothing.
Do you may know what it may be?

Also I have feeling (but I am not sure) that approx 1 second after starting x, the axis isn't inverted.

And well, about debian - do you know what directly packet for compiling on arm it may be?Because I tried to compile debian, but it still wants some toolchain or something, and I am pretty sad, because (I know it sounds insane) i bought that nokia lately just for this distros, and I don't care much about maemo :P
you might wanna try Arch Linux if you haven't yet until this is fixed, https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81892&page=62
just follow the instructions and you are good to go

The Following User Says Thank You to shichibukai For This Useful Post:

Tags
kali armhf, kali latest, kali n900, kali rolling