Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
I do not get this fetish about thin phones. ...
True that. Also, if my Jolla+TOHKB falls out of my pocket, little danger of not realising...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
I do not get this fetish about thin phones. There is a point where going slimmer does not get users any advantage, and it has quite a few disadvantages:
* less volume for the battery, you will need to keep recharging the phone every day
* less space for optics in the camera, pictures will look worse than they could
* the phone assembly will be less rigid, welcome bent devices and cracked screens

Everybody I know who bought these thin large phones, ended up putting them in silicone sleeves or cases, anyway...
It' about personal preference and how you carry your device. I usually carry it in my pocket without protective covers or anything that makes it bulkier and it's much more comfortable and easy if it's thinner. If it has huge screen, it's annoying to use with one hand and not that practical in car either. If it has both huge screen and considerable thickness, it's not practical any more for me.

You are right that squeezing everything in smaller and thinner frame is harder, but it can be done and end result is really good if done correctly - don't you find it amusing that iPhone 6S has smaller battery than most of it's android rivals, but still it outperforms them in both battery life AND raw performance? Not to mention camera performance which is also good despite the thin design. Of course, it's harder to do if you try to sell cheap and still make a margin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Some interesting unbox pictures.

The thickness has no problem at all. I doubt with the idea of "the thinner the better", guess it was invented by apple for brainwashing fanboys. To me, if it's below 13-15 mm, the thinner the worse. N950's thickness is about perfect.

iBoys carries a portable charger or "pregnant" battery case and are proud that the phone is 2mm thinner than average. Who cares?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

The thickness has no problem at all. I doubt with the idea of "the thinner the better", guess it was invented by apple for brainwashing fanboys. To me, if it's below 13-15 mm, the thinner the worse. N950's thickness is about perfect.

iBoys carries a portable charger or "pregnant" battery case and are proud that the phone is 2mm thinner than average. Who cares?
Exactly. The N950 form factor is about the best compromise for a phone, IMHO. Too bad you cannot find anywhere anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

It seems Intex is still using old UI images of SailfishOS pre 2.0 for their products and on the website. Or are the 4 permanent visible quick launch icons coming back to the homescreen in 2.0.2?

The Following User Says Thank You to Promo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Promo View Post
It seems Intex is still using old UI images of SailfishOS pre 2.0 for their products and on the website. Or are the 4 permanent visible quick launch icons coming back to the homescreen in 2.0.2?

http://img.91mobiles.com/articles/wp...s-29_thumb.jpg
Likely they use pre-2.0 screenshot on the box, as seen in device running pictures, those quick shortcuts are gone...

They can't see the difference between SFOS 1 and 2 themselves perhaps, at least not for the guys design package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Just a heads up,
@sifartech on TJC started an initiative to send Aqua Fishys abroad!
Apparently he has some experience with using escrow, a mediated payment service and is evaluating how to buy and send out phones technically.
Already 28 people interested to participate.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Just a heads up,
@sifartech on TJC started an initiative to send Aqua Fishys abroad!
Apparently he has some experience with using escrow, a mediated payment service and is evaluating how to buy and send out phones technically.
Already 28 people interested to participate.
What is the escrow service to be used? Feels a bit odd it's not mentioned, or did I just miss it?

A not that uncommon tactic among ebay/buy & sell scammers is to convince unwitting sellers to accept the use of an "escrow service" to mediate payment, with the service in reality just being a fake website they've set up themselves, thus getting the product from the seller without actually being out of any real money.

Not saying this is the case here (and it would kind of need to operate in a reverse manner), just a friendly reminder that it's good to be vary.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeum For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Yeum View Post
What is the escrow service to be used?
Escrow in this case is a company with well established service for mediated online transactions.
You transfer money to them, seller gets info it is available and starts material transaction.
If the good arrives at the customer, he is asked to release the money to the seller. If there is no dispute, Escrow releases the money to him.

It actually is a disadvantage for @sifartech, because he will have to pay everything upfront or do special deals with his partners to supply us with phones in the first place.

One thing you as a custumor will pay in any case is the ~10% escrow fee. But i don't think sifartech is suspected to be working for them

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
india, scamfish