Notices

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Some time ago there was a message from DataViz that they will update their Office Suite to professional version. Very likely they are testing it and after Monday's maintenance of Ovi store we will get it it wont be free though

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

A good and free office viewer is available in extras-devel:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/freoffice/

Only use extras-devel when you know what you're doing!

Use Abiword to create edit word files .

abiword and gnumeric spreadsheet

thanks for all the replies. I would very much like a paid program by data viz if i know it can edit word and excel files, if not i might give free office a try.

I also tried abiword, and i'm not satisfied at all, especially because scrolling is PAINFULLY slow.

Of the all programs i tried the dataviz to go was the best even it it was only viewer and if it is non free.
If they deliver a non free editor that works as smooth as their viewer, i will definetly buy it.

The situation beeing what it is i wouldn't have liked to spend money on their non editor program.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Office viewer and editor for N900" with eight posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Bytales View Post
thanks for all the replies. I would very much like a paid program by data viz if i know it can edit word and excel files, if not i might give free office a try.

I also tried abiword, and i'm not satisfied at all, especially because scrolling is PAINFULLY slow.

Of the all programs i tried the dataviz to go was the best even it it was only viewer and if it is non free.
If they deliver a non free editor that works as smooth as their viewer, i will definitely buy it.

The situation being what it is i wouldn't have liked to spend money on their non editor program.
I'm not sure but its very likely that if you bought viewer than you might just need to upgrade and use the same key... It makes sense since that app already costs $20

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

I'm gonna wait for this monday and see if data viz made an editor out of their program, and if so, i will buy it, because its worth it.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
The short answer is its not very possible with the stock n900, even using free apps (Abiword).
What are you talking about? I just did that, editted and saved a Microsoft Word .doc file using Abiword and it worked perfectly.

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
What are you talking about? I just did that, editted and saved a Microsoft Word .doc file using Abiword and it worked perfectly.
But Abiword does not read word 2007 or docx files. Works well though with 2003 version.

Tags
abiword, application, documents, edit, edit excel, edit powerpoint, edit word, excel, fremantle, gnumeric, maemo, maemo 5, microsoft, office, office applications, open, open excel, open powerpoint, open word, openoffice, openoffice.org, powerpoint, spreadsheet, word