Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Pango, how old are you?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Pango, how old are you?
How old are you Benny? You seem to speak like an old men not wanting anything to change. Like such arguments?

Age argument is really stupid and falls in fallacy. I could give countless examples when young people did breakthroughs as well as old ones.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by fk_lx View Post
How old are you Benny? You seem to speak like an old men not wanting anything to change. Like such arguments?.
You forgot to switch your account to 'pango'. Just sayin'...

EDIT: I know that Pango is from Finland, while fk_lx from Poland. Just pointing out that even if Pango's intentions were right (of course if he provided some examples to support his claims), fk_lx joining him in midst of his revenge spree isn't very helpful to Pango, as fk_lx's intentions are solely to make a revenge, not to prove anyone's point or even help improve Jolla.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-09-01 at 09:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Ah, Filip-everywhere obsession once again here.

The Following User Says Thank You to fk_lx For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Edit: Ah... I see what you did there.

Last edited by gerbick; 2014-09-01 at 09:16.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Pango, are you a politician? If not, I would strongly recommend you switch to that. I know some like you.
You are so good in developing long sentences without anything much to say. You could mystify lots of people and pretend you know so much about how to run a mobile company, how to find the balance between transparency and closed-doors info. I am sure you could do that in so many subjects.
And you can keep talking for long hours until your discussant stops or I must say abandon the idea of repeating himself the same argument again and again.
I sometimes was thinking reading the thread: I should reply. But I admit I am not good enough against people like you.

You have clearly win some sort of record to continue the thread even if everybody gradually leaves it, including the one you would like to talk to: the sailors.

Really let me say: congratulations. You have a talent.

The only problem is that in countries like mine, politicians have lost the interest of so many after having tried so many times to convince people with no substance.

PS: I know already that you will say something like: "you do not understand, let me say my point again" and this is really funny

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No. I've asked you directly for 2 companies and you've yet to deliver; deflect no longer about FOSS and whatnot, just answer the very direct question in a very direct manner please.
OK, good that we agree there can be more transparent companies than Jolla has been, because there certainly are many such examples in the world of SMBs. Transparency isn't easy, it isn't an instant cure to anything either, but in long term it breeds trust and loyalty like no other.

Perhaps I will have time later to properly discuss some less known experiences with SMBs, but for now let's look at a single phone-related example that I think helps understand my point a little better.

One of the issues some have lamented is that Jolla has not been open about the pre-order process, that no information was offered, even when glitches happened and the schedule/order was endangered. No real info was even offered afterwards, just vague platitudes.

In comparison, check this out:

http://www.fairphone.com/2014/07/25/...livery-begins/

Their transparency difference compared to Jolla is massive. Read those comments too, very similar stuff that we have gotten on TMO, but those guys working the thread offering actually information in replies. They've even stuck the same issue that fulfillment is not in order. But see the difference how they are communicating about their understandable difficulties.

And just don't look at the comments on the surface, see how the tone evolves in that conversation as they bring the info. Keep that up and they will reap the benefits, because you can literally see how disappointments turn into little wins with information. That's what's great about it - handle a complaint well and it may be even better for you than if there was no complaint.

I guess that is something many of us actually hoped Jolla to be, when they started. Alas, they were not. And I'm not even expecting anywhere near THAT level of detail from Jolla for them to reap, I think, a lot of the same benefit!

The Following User Says Thank You to pango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think one is Polish, the other is Czech. Reason I'm answering is because it'll deflect further away from the lack of more open companies that I've asked for at least twice; as others have asked too.

Just sticking to the facts and avoiding further deflections.
I'm Finnish.

It's really funny like some of people here complain that the thread is so long. Does long means automatically bad? It would be shorter if guys like Morpog and few similar to him wouldn't paste some pointless posts with gifs, comments that whole point of them is "thread is too long" or focus on discrediting discussants from opposite side.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pango View Post
OK, good that we agree there can be more transparent companies than Jolla...
Such as...

Fill in the blanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread