Active Topics

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by louiskkchan View Post
1. USSD code is still not working e.g. **21*xxxxxxxx# (not support in PR1.3). We used it for callforwarding
Does enabling call forwarding in Settings->Phone not work for you?

(Apparently this is not a USSD code, but an "SS" code, and the required features have UI implementations instead)

in Hong Kong and I believe it applied to many countries. This feature was available in my first mobile phone 10 years ago!!
This was the only interface provided on phones too limited to offer a UI for it. Do you also want other "features" of 10-year-old phones, such as one-line on-screen to edit SMSs, limited to 160 characters etc.?

The bug you reference later is fixed in PR1.2, as noted in that bug, I regularly use *141*712*0# to check my data balance, or other similar numbers to buy data bundles etc.

There are some *other* USSD-related bugs that aren't fixed in Maemo itself, but there are packages in extras which provide workarounds.

I have noticed my phone is now faster and smoother, there's much improvement in so many areas. For that, I'm happy with the update.
But, I'm still feeling like a beta user, even now with almost one year with my phone. So, I don't feel like thanking to Nokia for something that should be there in the first place.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I was very "meh" when I first heard about the software update. I was unsure if minor bug fixes (some of which were already available from the community) was really worth the hassle of freeing up 88MB on my rootfs to do an OTA update.

Now that I've done it, I'm really happy. Little speed bumps everywhere in the UI. I'm finding myself just really thankful that we got this from Nokia. With all the Symbian and Meego 1.0 work going on there, getting this was just...... nice. Ya know?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Email still crashes, virtual keyboard still not fixed, sd card support in ovi suite still no support, app manager still slow, no flash 10, ovi maps with a manual refresh button (why the hell didnt they atleast make it automatic!!!), no aditional features added.... what should i thank nokia for? For doing nothing?
I was not sure why, but after a couple of weeks have found a number or real improvements. The onboard App Manager is REALLY fast !! Also the email program is much faster. My battery life has definately improved... I am overclocked using Enhanced Kernel at limits 125 850 One problem that I can't solve is that Joikuspot doesn't work. I don't know if it is because of PR 1.3 or because of the kernel. Does anybody have a similar experience ??

Last edited by ER444; 2010-11-04 at 20:05.

ER444, JoikuSpot doesn't work for me also. I'm using Mobile Hotspot with titan's Kernel Power, works like a charm and besides that, it's totally free.
Why mess with JoikuSpot anymore if you can get the same withoud having to pay....

Originally Posted by bobcorn View Post
hmmmmmm
all these updates are USELESS !!
even update PR 1.2 was useless
lots of bugs
if someone missed call me
the music player will start playing by it self !!!
nokia said they fixed that at the update PR 1.2
BUT THEY DIDNT !!!
the update PR 1.3
Bug fixing is never useless.
And if you would know all the
processes to write software, fix it, test it, maintain it, then you
would know that this is hard work.

I see that my N900 runs faster, battery life seems to be better
therefore I appreciate this new version and say thanks to the
engineers at Nokia who deserve a thanks for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
I don't know about battery and smoothness I'll take peoples word on it. All I know is after a complete reflash so everything should be clean, advance-power no longer works, all it does is remove my battery indicator. grrr. I wish there were more tangible things in 1.3 could point to, the only tangible thing I see is that app which I loved does not work anymore