Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
I'm trying to build a qt aplication that parses results from web APIs in REST and json. Has someone used qjson in maemo5? I do not know if it is available for development in the n900 or i have to compile it myself from the sources.

someone knows if it is already available?

thanx in advance

I don't think anyone has compiled qjson yet. At least it is not in the maemo.org repos.

I tried to use the the QtScript module for JSON (http://qtwiki.org/Parsing_JSON_with_...ard_QT_library) but got only a Syntax error (on a proper JSON document that was ok according to other parsers).
After that I have been busy with other things, so didn't investigate further.

But do tell if you get results with qjson.

The Following User Says Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
I also could use qjson for my little project (grr), so I've imported it into extras-devel. It should be available now.

The Following User Says Thank You to jan2600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by jan2600 View Post
I also could use qjson for my little project (grr), so I've imported it into extras-devel. It should be available now.

Thanks for adding qjson to extras_devel. I still have a doubt on this, if my app uses this package that is in extras_devel will i need to wait until its promoted to extras in order to get my app approved in extras also?
Related to this, which is the QA process for this kind of libs? i mean how do they get promoted from extras_devel to extras_testing and finnally to extras? Thr described extras vesting process in the wiki seems dessigned for end user applications and not for libraries.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Once you promote an application with dependencies to some libraries, the libraries are automatically promoted as well. So if your app depends on qjson and you promote your app - qjson gets promoted as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Once you promote an application with dependencies to some libraries, the libraries are automatically promoted as well. So if your app depends on qjson and you promote your app - qjson gets promoted as well.
Presumably qjson would need to be in -testing first, though, not -devel?

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
the usual order applies. extras-devel -> extras-testing -> extras.
What I wrote is valide for each of those promotion steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
hi, could u tell me how to use qjson in qt? I have installed the library in scartchbox by using apt-get install libqjson and also updated the pro file, but i always get error "qjson/parser.h: No such file or directory" when i include qjson/parse.h.

my pro file is as follow
Code:
TEMPLATE = app
TARGET = 
DEPENDPATH += . src
INCLUDEPATH += . src /usr/lib
QT += webkit
LIBS += -L/usr/lib -lqjson

# Input
HEADERS += config.h src/mainwindow.h
SOURCES += src/main.cpp src/mainwindow.cpp

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Install libqjson-dev too. Libraries come in two parts: the binary and the files you need to develop using them.

Did you also install libqjson-dev ? The header files are in a different package.