Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
I used Version 1.28 a few times now and it worked like a charm. Thanks again, rinigus!

But now #636 was back:

Used PM yesterday and closed it after having reached my destination. When I tried to start it today, the moving circle was the only thing I saw, until I did the "old trick" and - bam - PM starts again...
As before - I have no idea where it comes from ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Maybe someone would like to help with writing homepage for Pure Maps? As the new users are coming in from different Linux platforms, I am finding that I have to explain more and more of similar things to them. It is time to get homepage up with the list of functionality, how to do things and screenshots illustrating it.

So, I wonder if users would like to step up and contribute such description. It is simple as Github already provides tools for it, the main effort is in writing content. For OSM Scout Server, I used subfolder for it (https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-...ee/master/docs) and it is shown through Github pages at https://rinigus.github.io/osmscout-server/en/ . Something like it would work for Pure Maps as well. I would prefer to have it as a subfolder docs as it will keep all code and documentation accessible easily.

Corresponding issue at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/400

Github pages: https://pages.github.com/

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Maybe someone would like to help with writing homepage for Pure Maps?
Of course, where to start?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Great! Depends on whether you are familiar with Github workflow. If you are, I guess you could start with

* making a fork in Github
* adding docs folder in your copy with placeholder index.md
* making it to display using Github pages
* then start filling it with description and other material

If you are not familiar with Github worflow, markdown, I can look into how to develop locally.

I think, in the end, we look for something simpler than https://osmand.net/. Mainly having Pure Maps features and description on how to use them; screenshots.

Let me know what you need and I will try to help with the start...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@BGK: thinking of it - choose whatever tool/way you prefer. The main thing is content and we can always later convert it. If you know how to use Github pages or don't have any preference, make it there. It could be separate repository and we can easily later integrate it into the main one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus: I'll see what I can do (likely starting next week).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
New release is out - 1.29.0

It is mostly about translation updates. In addition, few issues for UBPorts were fixed. To make route not to interfere with traffic data on Mapbox mapx, route is shown slightly differently. Notifications are played using a dedicated audio profile, which seems to improve sound output (in terms of mixing) on Ubuntu (as reported by users). On SFOS, I have not seen any change.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hey rinigus, is there a way to launch Pure Maps with a routing destination from the command line? Saera currently uses its built-in navigation system for voice directions, but I'd like to give users the option of choice.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Hey rinigus, is there a way to launch Pure Maps with a routing destination from the command line? Saera currently uses its built-in navigation system for voice directions, but I'd like to give users the option of choice.
No, not yet. You could open it with geo: argument to see POI, but not to route to it immediately.

So, how do you envision such start? Calculate route and start navigation as well? Or just show the route?

I have a small break with maps development in August and will have to assess what to do next after that. Navigation part is planned to be rewritten and it is probably the next I will do with the maps.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Hi rinigus, thanks for your wonderful work, it was quite useful during my last road trip!

I like hiking and mountain biking during my spare time, what do you think about a functionality to add several waypoints for navigation? So a ruote could go from A to B to C to D and ends at E. This would be really helpful for planning hiking trips. Maybe adding also the elevation (ascent descent) for the planned route.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post: