Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post

Roughly the size of a Galaxy Note?
This would be the perfect case for me. If only it could actually have an N800 sized screen too

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Houston, Texas
This is going to be an exciting project.
I'm not sure which one I would prefer yet, but I might be leaning toward larger case with all of its extra attachments.

I am currently using the Boxwave AluArmor case, but I'm pretty tired of flipping it open in order to get to the keyboard. The one thing I would really miss is the belt clip this case comes with.

Would it be possible to put a screw hole on your new case to use a swivel belt clip? http://www.boxwave.com/swivel-belt-c...el-d/bwpd/fmz/

The Following User Says Thank You to partthesea For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
not we all know that Li-ion 18650 are not there yet, not even close.
IIRC, Phillips or Panasonic did 3000 mAh and 3800 mAh 18650's. I doubt that they would cheat about capacity *so* much. They're little more expensive, but definitely less risk of faking like with ultrafire. I'll search for some near my location, and forward You info about how much they cost, ok? Or just contact You with reputable sellers.

Originally Posted by partthesea View Post
This is going to be an exciting project.
I'm not sure which one I would prefer yet, but I might be leaning toward larger case with all of its extra attachments.
Nice to hear! I'm glad You like it.

Originally Posted by partthesea View Post
I am currently using the Boxwave AluArmor case, but I'm pretty tired of flipping it open in order to get to the keyboard. The one thing I would really miss is the belt clip this case comes with.

Would it be possible to put a screw hole on your new case to use a swivel belt clip? http://www.boxwave.com/swivel-belt-c...el-d/bwpd/fmz/
I promise I'll check possibilities. considering FOSS nature of this project, (even though it's hardware ) it shouldn't be a problem to include such easy thing as screw hole as a custom option, just for interested ones. I'm more afraid about actual do-ability here - backcover will be too thin for screw holes (batteries beneath), unless You choose mugen ones, and sacrifice second battery space for solid block of aluminum (which would also increase cost a little). Maybe other types of belt connectors are better option? Or just a regular leather case with belt connector, instead of forwarding this part to alu body?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

hello, keep me a $ 150 version for me
* I love my N900.
just that you would have to emviar me to Mexico along with assembly instructions. or a pdf file that explains it

The Following User Says Thank You to jonathan_prado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
I prefer a case leather horizontal with velcro and loop belt. It is more secure and elegant. Maybe you must consider this suggestion. I like this project

The Following User Says Thank You to emotion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Czech Republic
I would like to preorder 2x fullbody ($150) for my children :-)

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Just stumbled upon this idea...

I would love to see at least conceptual pictures about what you plan to create. Then more people at least would be willing to pledge on your mod.

Any visual idea would suffice. Even better if you made like 1 for your own and then took pictures of it for others to see.

I'm sure MANY (including myself) don't mind to purchase your idea hardware mod if we can see what we're paying for
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Washington, DC
Would definitely be in for a full body, sounds like an awesome project.

I'd be interested in a flat cover.

Sorry, if this has been mentioned (I don't have time to read the whole thread), but what are your plans for the camera lens cover?

camera lens covert is, of course, a must - in fact, it was mentioned in first post

Status update: ~60% (my abstract estimation) of work needed to be done is completed. Thanks to absolutely awesome investors/pre-ordering ones/donors, I was able to aim for the best quality equipment upgrade for CNC milling machine (with adding my whole, humble personal savings, to the pool). Last parts arrived from Asia couple of days ago, and I'm still working on integrating them.

From the "not so great" side of news - personal affairs got me quite occupied lately, so I'm not moving forward as fast, as I would like to. But, I'm still doing whatever I can, and dedication is burning totally, inside me - thanks to fantastic people and their feedback, here.
---

Little news on organizational side - wooden variants - mentioned some pages ago, as a possibility - will make it as option, for sure. You wouldn't believe, how pleasant certain types of wood are, for such projects (I'm doing all tests, except final ones, on wood, to save on wasted material costs).

In fact, if You ask me, some exotic's wood cases result in more pleasant (to the touch, and as per stylish look) results, that alu - while still allowing for all goodies, and metal parts for heat dissipation (via contact with.pads for ground plane - N900's heat dissipation is done entirely via ground plane, anyway). +, Believe it or not, good quality wood is super-resistant for "generic" scratches - i.e. ones that appear on everyday use (not during sandpaper/screwdriver/knife tests), and fingertip marks. Which can't be said about alu, even anodized (facture effects help, but still, wood have this special "something).

Of course, it's just personal opinion, and alu remain main focus for this project, but I wouldn't be surprised, if I would choose wooden variant as "main" body for my own device, at the end. Also, it remain viable alternative, in case of signal strength problem being unfixable (highly unlikely, but still - after all, as said, any decrease of signal, in any N900's radio, is totally unacceptable, for scope of this project).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, backcover, external, gangam_style, mugen cover, n900 body, neo900, sarcasm, where is estel