Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by ljmt01 View Post
Do you know how to change it? I am good at coding but don't know how is that changed.
Plain old Cutetube isn't being developed anymore, but the good news is that an even better version is; Cutetube-QML. You'll have to enable the Extras-Devel repository to see it in HAM.

Btw I think you should be a little more considerate of the fact that others may live in different time-zones or may have a life outside of TMO before you start spamming different threads demanding instant gratification. People do help others in this community, give them a chance.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I found a solution for blank screen when you run Cutetube-QML 1.x.x.
Here is the instruction that I found for myself.

1. Uninstall ALL the Cutetube applications. No matter what versions of you have, you must uninstall EVERY Cutetube on your phone. This will clean up all the dependencies for Cutetube.

2. Find out two dependencies for Cutetube-QML 1.1.1

Here is the link for you.

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/q/qmltube/qmltube_1.1.1_armel.deb

You will get dependency errors when you try to install it. No worries!! Just save this "qmltube-qml 1.1.1" installer on your phone and exit out the application manager. It will probably ask you two dependencies; ffmpeg, libqtm-12

3. Open up X-TERMINAL and install two dependencies first using APT-GET.

You must use root access and type these commands.

apt-get install ffmpeg
apt-get install libqtm-12

Once you successfully install these two dependencies, then go back to the file manager, and click the downloaded file "qmltube_1.1.1_armel.deb" to install it. If you're pr1.2 user, you may need to use "dpkg" command to install it. If you're pr1.3 user, just click the file to install it.

After you install the dependencies and the cutetube 1.1.1, please run it and make sure if this is not showing blank screen.
I didn't get blank screen at all once I follow these steps.

4. Last step! Upgrade your current cutetube-qml 1.1.1 to 1.2.4.

Go to the application manager and click "Update". After a while, it will show you the cutetube-qml 1.2.4. Go ahead and click the program to update!

voila~ Now you have up-to-date cutetube-qml 1.2.4 without blank screen!

I hope this would fix your blank screen problem!

Last edited by springwork; 2012-01-17 at 01:14. Reason: Changing sentense and color

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 1.3.0 of cuteTube is now in extras-devel. I decided to re-write this using C++, and will be focusing future development on this package, rather than qmltube. It's difficult to give an exact changelog because there is so much new stuff, but the update contains many new features, including:
  • Full support for Dailymotion.
  • Vimeo supported for video searches, playback and download.
  • Search now supports playlists and channels (plus groups for Dailymotion).
  • 'Social' feature to retrieve videos from facebook and twitter.
  • More options for playback/download quality.
  • Option to use custom command for video playback.
  • Overhauled UI.
  • Support for replying to comments and for loading comments which have replies.
  • Option to set priority of individual transfers.
  • Automatic loading of translation files placed in /opt/cutetube/translations directory.

Some screenshots (taken using 'notstock' theme):

My website

GitHub

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much Marxian!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Thank you so much Marxian!
No problem. I've been itching to get back to FOSS projects for ages.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
thanks for the update marxian! the new UI looks really good.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Marxian, thanks for the update!

As some users mentioned before, can you also add an option for "play videos when minimized"? So if this checkbox is enabled, it will use some integrated videoplayer like it used to have.

It's kinda dealbreaker at the moment if you want to listen to some music (like just a quick streaming, so no need to save the flv/mp4 file), I can't minimize it to do other (simple) stuff, like replying a chat message...

Please reconsider this. It was a feature before, so I'm sure you can reimplement this back

I thought multitasking was one of the features of Maemo(Harmattan) right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Some things I've noticed.

I can't seem to change the player to KMPlayer. It always uses media player regardless. It's like it doesn't save the option. Also, how do you mark several videos from a list in this version? I couldn't figure it out.

I'm getting the kmplayer problem too, so I have to configure that manually

another problem is I can't go on the Dailymotion profile, it doesn't load

also does full support for Dailymotion mean I can upload videos there in this version?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
any news on why xtube is no longer working always shows no videos found. thanks in advance

Tags
youtube