Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Is EN-US an option?
Yep... you got the choice for English (US) and English (UK) for both language/format + input method.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Im looking at my N9s feedscreen and its got NOTHING. No facebook, cause its useless without any use to it, no RSS feeds cause... well nothing really interests me that much, theres nokias blog but its all symbian3 and no n9 so mostly just gibberish... a few tweets but **** tweets. also messages but those I read anyways just as i get them due to the lockscreen-swipe shortcut to recieved messages.

Kinda bored with that whole deal
Same here, events view is completely empty (I don't want to see facebook updates every time I swipe there, also not in a hurry to read RSS feeds as they get updated).

What I'd like to see is the calendar integrating with the events view. Upcoming appointments for the next 7 days for instance. That would be very useful, at least for me.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I agree, calendar should definitely show upcoming appointments, at least for the current day or current+following day.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Tried out the navigation bit today and this is what i think, based on comparing to maps on the N900 and 5800.
The focus here is how easy it is to use for getting to point B

Pros:
- Can actually be used for navigation (unlike N900)
- Drive UI is better for use while driving than on 5800
- Several voices in different languages to choose from
- Search is way better that on N900 and 5800, result as you type
- Integration with contacs is sweet when you've entered an address for your contact.
- Preinstall maps (optional I think)
- Free (as in beer)
- Feels faster than on N900 and 5800 (no measurement done)

Cons:
- Favorites from "Maps" don't show up in drive to be selected as destination.
- No speed limit warning (missing feature compared to 5800)
- No speed camera warning (missing feature compared to 5800)
- No "I need gas within 20km, plot the shortest possible detour" button, (why does no Navi solution have this? it seems so obvious)
- Not possible to uninstall individual maps, you need to uninstall them all and then reinstall the ones you want, or update only the ones you want to keep (only possible when an update is available)
- No "report map error" function

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
anybody know of another calculator application? i would love a scientific calculator (but don't want to go TI emulator)

Where is copy & paste available at the moment?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Where is copy & paste available at the moment?
Otherwise system-wide (regular text fields), just not in browser.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Since N9 was meant for the average Joe, how would you pitch to an iPhone or android user?

I'm having a big problem right now...after updating some apps, my home screen (apps screen) is left with just about 10 shortcuts. None of them is system related...so right now I'm banging my head how to get to the settings page and do a reset.

What I've tried so far:
- "*#7370#" not working on MeeGo
- downloaded firmware with Navifirm and tried to flash it with Phoenix. The device goes into Test Mode and when it's about to start flashing it gives an error ("MCUSW flashing failed. Exiting...").

I have a file manager installed and I can access it.

Does anyone know if I can launch the settings app?

LE: I think I have a solution for my problem, but still need your help.

I'm gonna try to restore a back-up file. The problem is, I have no back-up file...

Can anyone send me a backup file done after a clean device reset? I think this might just work...

Last edited by brodos; 2011-10-12 at 18:37.

Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
It would be nice to get the settings to behave independently with respect to what type of network connection my N9 is on since I am not on a data plan (am constantly surrounded with WIFI signal ). In other words, I would like to enable the settings for Internet connections (WIFI) and have it disabled for Mobile connections.

So.. is this really a bug or it is just a feature of N9 (the linkage of 2 settings... or are they even the same setting that just happens to appear in both panes?)?
You can go to Setting>Internet Connection>Edit Network. Here you can select whether N9 automatically connects to a network without asking your for permission.

See if your mobile network is under "Automatically used networks," if it does, click the network and disable "Use automatically."