Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Unless already done, import the PCF or manually set the correct settings in vpnc GUI. Then, finetune the settings in vpnc GUI: set Use interactive auth and upon connect vpnc GUI will ask you to input what the token gives you. Works beautifully at my end.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Aix en Provence
Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Unless already done, import the PCF or manually set the correct settings in vpnc GUI. Then, finetune the settings in vpnc GUI: set Use interactive auth and upon connect vpnc GUI will ask you to input what the token gives you. Works beautifully at my end.
Thanks. That's the behavior I'm looking for, but to be honest I'm yet to get a hold of the PCF file to test this.
I've been looking around for that file on my laptop but so far I can't seem to locate it in any of the 2 clients we used to connect, i.e Nortel Contivity Client and Juniper Network Connect.
I'm not currently connected though, so I'm hoping it's a temp file that gets created once I'm connected.

Vince.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Well the PCF-File is the configuration file to connect to a Cisco-compatible setup. I guess you won't find a PCF-File if you use Nortel or Juniper clients. Just configure the client manually yourself, should do...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Aix en Provence
Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Well the PCF-File is the configuration file to connect to a Cisco-compatible setup. I guess you won't find a PCF-File if you use Nortel or Juniper clients. Just configure the client manually yourself, should do...
Yeah, I'm actually not sure what VPN router we have. Since both client types (Juniper and Nortel) can connect, it's possibly neither one maker on the server (could it be Cisco still?).
I don't think I can ask too many VPN questions (or PCF files) to my IT, as what I'm trying to do it clearly not "IT supported".

I've done some tests with manual config (providing just username and password (pin+tokern), that's all I have) and I'm getting various "server unresponsive" errors.
I'll keep trying few things.

Thanks.

Last edited by SonicMist; 2010-04-02 at 12:48.