Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Can you confirm it works ok on android/ios? I.e. app could be migrated to time series with no backward compatibility.
im not sure i follow you...used to work ok on the timeline fw on my bb10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Yes, however gears have separate limits, so even if it compiles, it doesn't mean runtime is fine. Just to be sure it's really rockpool-specific(maybe for the certain platform) problem.

Speaking about the platform. Can you estimate from the top of your head protocol-level changes btw pebbled(2.x) and rockworkd(3.x) implementation? I'm just thinking whether ios/android could be falling back to older proto when speaking to aplite for certain transfer types. Which may lead to nacks for pure 3.x comm.
Afaik the appmessage protocol is identical in v2 and v3. The code is pretty much identical between rockwork/rockpool and pebbled.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
All Pebbles communicate in UTF-8. However in older models there was no space for the font characters, maybe that changed with PTR. Anyway, simple language pack install should bring cyrillic support to Pebble. You can find several such LPs here:

https://forums.getpebble.com/discuss...Comment_153542

Not sure if this can be installed through Rockpool, but works a treat on an Android device. Since the language pack survives firmware upgrades, you need to do this only once.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
That's what was suspected, thanks for the confirmation. If anyone can sniff that process and tell me how it's uploaded I'd be very grateful. I'm afraid I have no Android device I can use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Afaik the appmessage protocol is identical in v2 and v3. The code is pretty much identical between rockwork/rockpool and pebbled.
Ok, then we need logs from watches to understand why it's nacking appmsg. The message is fairly simple - simple scalar value, nothing what could potentially be wrongly serialized.

Does anyone have annotated firmware disassembly accidentally? To look for possible reasons to nack.

Last edited by ruff; 2016-04-08 at 06:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Ok, then we need logs from watches to understand why it's nacking appmsg. The message is fairly simple - simple scalar value, nothing what could potentially be wrongly serialized.
I tried to switch the type of that first request for the token list to different types, but that didn't help. It could still be bad serialization, but there's only so many ways you can send a '1'.

Does anyone have annotated firmware disassembly accidentally? To look for possible reasons to nack.
Appmessages on the whole work fine, but I think it's the binary on the watch that decides whether to ack or nack in response. I found the source:

https://github.com/cpfair/pTOTP

I think the next step is to confirm that iOS and Android work with older watches on v3, then we can try to contact the author.

Last edited by abranson; 2016-04-08 at 07:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Yes I've looked at the code already and didn't find anything there, that's why i suspect it's firmware which is refusing appmessage for certain reason. In that case it may not even reach the app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
I'd like some more confirmation of this behavior in other watches. My watch might need a reset or something. Are you ready with the gecko branch? It definitely needs that.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
yes, nothing atm on my list for it.
Do you want to merge gecko-only or the WIP which also includes mce handler and changed notification filter? with german translation and alert dialog on top of that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
However much you think is ready. I like the 'upgrade available' notice btw

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch