Have had an issue for the last week, where trying to d/l anything larger than around 400kb in app manager, froze and stopped downloading.
I ended up flashing my N800 2x to OS2008 51-3, and neither flash update appeared to correct the problem.
Had tried several different fixes mentioned here on TTalk, including formatting internal card and turning off virtual mem...w/ no luck.
On a whim today, I tried the red pill mode for the first time ever, and have had some pretty decent luck in that most things now download....at least by the 2nd attempt. Including the latest full 7mb download for Canola beta 8....installed quite nicely...finally.
Each time the app manager has froze on a download before....the log has stated that my connection timed out. Obviously not the real issue in red pill mode.....

Of note....I am tethering via bluetooth on 2 different phones (issue has been with using both)....Nokia E61i and N75 (w/ 3g)

Problem only started last weekend....and when I tether to a PC...have no file size limitations of 400kb like on the N800.....so I have to rule out a carrier issue.

And since it seems to work much better in Red pill vs. Blue pill.....think I would have to rule out a Bluetooth issue.

Is there some kind of idle time disconnect setting, like on a PC...even though this is Debian based? And would there be any way for a noob like me to even mess with it ??

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
have you tried using apt-get? i could maybe provide some more insight if its really a connective issue or not...

and there are some idle time setting, just tap the wifi icon in the statusbar/tray and hit settings on the menu, then on the right side tab there are timeout settings for bluetooth and wifi. still, i have a feeling thats not whats going on here as that should result in the whole tether connection going down (bluetooth icon going white and all that).

Where would I locate apt-get?
Something already installed on N800 ?

Somethjing else I noticed last night....when connecting via bluetooth to my Nokia 3G device.
when I first tried to update app manager list....in Blue pill....told me one of the repositories was not available.
After getting this error.....in Blue Pill.....I was still able to grab a 3+mb app to install with no problems....but then other apps like Streamtuner, Mplayer, and Canola YouTube plugin would not complete the full download.
Is there a reference/page site where I can verify recommended/available repositories and the exact sites they should link to ?